2 week old auto battery won't hold a charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm a new V4L user. I just placed my first order about two weeks ago. Happy with everything except, I ordered a third auto battery that won't hold a charge. It only last for about 10-15 minutes with moderate vaping.

Is there anyway I can fix this? Or is it just defective? Would this still be covered under warranty?

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. When I first received my order. My passthrough was defective and V4L sent me out a new one.

Is this just bad luck or are QC issues always a concern?

ISO 9001:2000

Last edited:

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Mrengles (sir or Ms.?) have you tried Snow sir's suggestion of putting unscrewing it from the charger after it says it's charged and seeing if the light goes back to red? If so, and it still says it's fully charged contact cs. :)

My friends call me, Sir =)

Yes the light goes back to red with both the wall and USB charger. The chargers works great with my two other V4L auto batteries.

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Sorry I miss spoke. When I charge the faulty battery the charger will change from green to red, then after a few hours the charger will turn green again. When I remove the battery the charger will continue to glow green.

This is what the manual says is correct and normal for a charging session.

The same exact thing happens with my other two auto batteries, but they hold a charge for at least a couple of hours. The faulty battery only holds a charge for 10-15 min. About 5-8 puffs or inhales.

Does this make a bit more sense why I believe my battery to be damaged?

Sorry again for the confusion.

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
PS. I've also noticed that if I completely charge any one of my batteries with the USB charge (from red to blue) and then attach them to the wall charger they will continue to charge for another 10 minutes or so. Unit the wall charger turns green from red.

I would assume the wall charger is able to supply more power via the outlet then USB correct?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Do you have access to a live 220v line or happen to have a gallon or two hydrochloric acid laying around? Just kidding.....do what the 2 jokers above me said....C.S. will hook you up! :p

What Morandir was attempting to tell you is after the battery in question shows that it is charged on your wall charger, unscrew it from the charger...then screw it right back in. If the battery is actually fully charged the light will quickly turn from red to green. However, if the light remains red and it goes into a full charge cycle again then it has a logic issue in the chip. Sometimes these batteries will operate normally however you will need to repeat the screw out/screw in process through 3-4 cycles.

In any case, C.S. will take care of replacing the battery.

As for the difference between your USB charger and the Wall charger, that is probably due to different calibration in the hardware. Your USB charger probably trips at 4.175v instead of dead on at 4.2v.

Last edited:

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Do you have access to a live 220v line or happen to have a gallon or two hydrochloric acid laying around? Just kidding.....do what the 2 jokers above me said....C.S. will hook you up! :p

As a matter of fact I do. =)
I work at a Aircraft Repair Station.

I wouldn't even begin to mess around with that stuff. I like my eyebrows to much. =P

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Just out of curiosity, was it an auto short? I just got two, and though one seems fine, one of them isn't holding a charge as long as my other short batteries (my older ones).

Not it's not a short, but it's also not one of those extra long ones either. I guess its regular standard size. (Sorry I don't know what V4L calls them.) Also note its the older style single logo battery. Not one of the new stealth or diamond series.

I opened a support ticket. No word back from V4L yet. I'm sure i'll hear from them soon.

Have a Happy Mothers Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread