20 ML / Day, I'm I over doing it? should I try to cut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
OK I'm 150 plus days into this from 50 analogs a day, it wasn't long in the beginning before I was blasting through 15 ml / day and now I'm at a steady 20 ml / day of 6 mg with some 12 mg dripping. I've cut down from 12 mg to primarily 6 mg in the last month with no perceivable difference in enjoyment on use.

I'm not looking to cut back but was wondering if I was in the "norm" so to speak
I smoked analogs 30 years at 50/day

how much to you use and how long did you do analogs

any links to good cheap juice always welcome :blush:

phdillard

Sep 19, 2013
scottsbluff, ne
at 6mg that doesn't seem like a lot, especially if you were smoking 2 and half packs a day. Those cigs had more than 6mg of nico in them. I probably go through 3 or 4 cartridges a day (prefilled. I don't bother counting the ones I fill on my own and instead keep track by 10ml bottles of which one lasts me 4-5 days). I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years. If you feel like your doing too much, you can try increasing the nico level to see if that curbs your urge to vape constantly. In your case, where you say you don't notice a difference in enjoyment with lower nico levels you probably have the hand&oral fixation related to smoking, in which case you could drop to 0 nico and vape constantly with no worries of taking in too much nicotine.

As for cheap eliquid, the cheapest is always going to be DIY. Depending on nico levels, amount of flavoring, and the size of your order, you can make your own juice for as little as 50cents per 10ml bottle.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
There is a thread somewhere on the forum about how much people vape. The numbers are all across the board. 20ml a day seems high to me but I'm a light vaper. About 1ml a day for me on weekdays (mostly because I can't vape on the property at work) and about 2.5ml a day on weekends.

20ml a day is amazing to me. I can't ever see myself doing that but I know I'm in the minority. I smoked a little over a pack a day of Marlboro Reds for 34 years.

A lot of folks, myself included, like the juices, prices, shipping, and customer service from Mount Baker Vapor.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I do have a couple sub ohm rda's but mostly consuming through carto tanks

I'm going to move onto them soon. I didnt want to start using them yet as i am constantly swapping flavours, but once that has settled down i have seen a nice 5.5ml carto tank - maybe that will up my liquid intake a bit. Perhaps it's a psychological thing where if you have a big carto tank it seems ok to get through them quickly, but if you only had say a 2ml tank you would think more about refilling it 10 times a day!

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
I have to side with Barbara21 on this .... how can you possibly feel ok without some backup to the backups

This is my day case for working weekdays , and pocket fodder, since it doesn't all fit in one place....

View attachment 254305

my main tank = 15 ml BAT tank with my ADV on an EVIC - lasts about a day
a few mechs w/ drippers for that refreshing hit at my desk - and extra batteries
a few juices in U-cans for no fuss dripping - some spare wick and wire
a pair of 1100 ego twists and carto tanks, a passthrough ego t with carto tank and a baby ego spare bat
whit this I feel I can ut in a full days and no have to give any thought to vaping or running out .... well if I remembered to top off all the tanks and cans ...

Thats a lot of vaping. I can see myself do 10ml a day, but I average about 5ml a day of 6mg to 0mg @ .8 dual coils.

I'm interested in how many batteries you go through a day.
I carry a few see above from the what to you carry thread - I have to charge many of them once I get home or I will run out ....

Wow! 20 ml a day? I'd think you would resemble a steam locomotive going down the tracks. LOL. Maybe your batteries need a rest!

Have you tried upping your nic level to see if that satisfies? 18 or even 24 mg may be more to your liking.
I do cloud up my office , car , and house
going up in nic didn't help or make much difference for me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
OK I'm 150 plus days into this from 50 analogs a day, it wasn't long in the beginning before I was blasting through 15 ml / day and now I'm at a steady 20 ml / day of 6 mg with some 12 mg dripping. I've cut down from 12 mg to primarily 6 mg in the last month with no perceivable difference in enjoyment on use.

I'm not looking to cut back but was wondering if I was in the "norm" so to speak
I smoked analogs 30 years at 50/day

how much to you use and how long did you do analogs

any links to good cheap juice always welcome :blush:
And I thought I was bad....I smoked for over 40 yrs about 3 - 4 packs a day analogs. Now I vape 12mg all day on 4 devices that have carto-tanks. I probably go thru 10ml a day. maybe 12ml. I have noticed tho, that higher voltage and lower ohms increase the burning of the ejuice quiet rapidly. Try some of your 12ml in a carto and see if your vaping slows down a little. Altho, I see you just started vaping, so I would definetly up the nic until I was more comfortable in lowering it again, when maybe you don't feel so anxious. I did vaped like a fiend when I first started but I still always have them at hand. I think once the nic urge is satisified you will start to enjoy vaping more.
Let us know how it is going.
:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread