Status
Not open for further replies.

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Let's work together to provide a better TC mod in the vaping market now!!!

HeavenGifts.com is proudly announcing a public beta testing event for Asolo 200W with TC. We will use your feedback to improve this mod in a close future. All vaping friends are welcome to join this event and we will reward all participants with a $10USD gift card to be added to your Heaven Gifts account (if you don't have one yet, feel free to register on Heavengifts.com). PM us your account info (User name + Email address) after the participation.

To enter the contest, post a reply to meet any one of the options below:
a. Share any your opinion if you have heard asolo, the good thing or the bad thing
b. What made you passionate about vaping
c. Share any e-cigarette review you wrote (Please paste your review links)
d. Share your experience with any kind of temp control device

Time: August 18th 2015 to August 24th 2015

We also will select 2-4 participants and ship the latest edition of asolo sample to them. (The chosen ones will have more chances to get more vape samples from Heaven Gifts for free in the future). Once completed the test, please post your valuable review in this thread, and PM us your feedback on Asolo soon.

Your opinion is very valuable for us. Thanks for your participation and sharing your thoughts! Let's work together for providing a new TC MOD with better vaping experience!

What is Asolo TC MOD?
200W Asolo Temp Control Box Mod: New Concept Device with "Taste Control"

Details: IJOY Asolo 200W VW/TC Express Kit W/O Battery
1. As a temperature control mod, Asolo works differently with any of existing VT mods. Not like other VT mods, setting a temperature into the mod and it will keep the temp steadily, Asolo actually accept a 'point' not a number of temperature. So when you are vaping with Asolo, and feel the taste of vapor is just fit your need, right at that moment, set it to the mod, and it will remember it. Then it will try to keep it steadily.
2. Based on Asolo’s design, it can support almost all the coil material in the market. Ti, Ni, Ni-Cr, Ti-Cr, Kanthal A1, etc. It’s the first and only one that can support Kanthal in the market so far.
3. Asolo is able to detect that the tank is out of e-juice and alert the user with 0.3 sec. It will automatically stop working to avoid burn taste.
Asolo200W0_800.jpg

Last edited:

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
a. Share any your opinion if you have heard asolo, the good thing or the bad thing
I hadn't seen or heard anything about this mod until I seen this thread so I haven't heard any good or bad things about it. From the description and video it does look very nice. The option of TC with kanthal is a big plus.

The big improvements and variety of vaping gear has played a big part in my staying with it.

I've done quite a few reviews on eliquid and a few on vaping hardware. Some on the vendor sites and some on various ECF threads. Unfortunately I haven't saved the links.

The only device I've used in TC mode so far is the Joyetech eVic-VT VW Kit. So far I'm liking it. Both device and tank are performing nicely. No dry hits. Took some time to find the right setting for me but that should get easier with more experience. I have purchased some nickel wire so I can build some coils to try TC with my RDAs.

Thanks for the chance!

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I would love a chance to be a beta tester....i love trying out new gear.
A background in communications gives me experience in trouble shooting and locating issues.

I first learned of this mod on reddit, and was immediately interested based on claims of working with kanthal, and would like to experience how this was implemented, knowing that the tcr coefficient is too low to be measured and useful within acceptable vaping ranges. Based upon following Asolo posts, you somehow vape to a temp you like, lock that in, and there mod attemps to reproduce that. It would be interesting to use my heat probe and see how close it gets each time. I'm also curious about how straight forward the operation of such settings would be... Many people desire simplicity, the more involved an operation is, the less likely some would be to use it.

I've been using temp control exclusive ever since I won an evic vt and heatvape invader mini in a contest (vendor was heaven gifts, thanks for getting me started!) and ever since I haven't gone back. I now own 5 TC mods, and have been PIF'ing my other stuff. My favorite mods so far are the ones with adjustable tcr settings....one that can use kanthal with an acceptable level of accuracy would be in the running for favorite for sure.

The last little review I wrote up is here: Apollo E-cig contest/giveaway thread!! | Page 41 | E-Cigarette Forum

I can get as detailed as needed, but try to keep them short and sweet, hitting on main key points of interest unless someone requests specifics of a feature (like temp probe tests on the evic to compare the offset between ni and ti modes).

Once again heaven gifts shows an interest in the vape community, the way it should be done, thanks for that, and thanks for the chance!
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Saw this thread today and thought it was pretty cool! I have yet to get a temperature control mod, but it would be nice to have once I get into dripping. I rebuild the RBAs on my Subtanks, but I only have kanthal to use for that at the moment. I like the fact that your mod can be used in TC mode with kanthal.

I post juice reviews on YouTube and have done a couple of unboxing videos as well. Here's the one I did when I got my MVP 3 earlier this year.

Thanks for the chance to be a beta tester!

Sent from Doomite Central!

Reactions: Vera

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I have not heard about this device until you announced it, It is a very nice looking mod. The option of TC with kanthal is a great feature.

All the new equipment is what has kept me passionate about vaping. Plus It helped me to quit analog cigarettes.
I really like the new box mods that are coming out

I have not done an e cigarette review yet.

I have not used an TC devices yet, but would love to try one out. Would love to be a beta tester.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Thanks for the opportunity, HeavenGifts!

at this point, have not heard anything specific about asolo - have seen the device noted on the heaven gifts site, and taken a look at its specs, and was interested in the device simply based on that
initially, what made me passionate about vaping was putting down the cigars and not smelling like an ashtray - since that time, it has become a full blown hobby for me - I enjoy the gadgetry and tech, enjoy vaping itself and thoroughly enjoy the ecf community - I really enjoy paying it forward also, and have helped several friends make the switch to vaping already
Smok X Cube II/ first impressions | E-Cigarette Forum

minimal experience thus far with TC - have several TC mods (Smok X Cube II, Sigelei 150w TC) - have tried the freemax starre tank with a tc coil at 450' on the sig - nice vape, no dry hits, very cool... somewhat lower vapor production, but great flavor... just getting started with that, so really these are just first impressions

thanks for the chance to be a beta tester!

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
This is the first time Ive seen this mod but it looks like a lot of thought went into its manufacture.
Being able to quit smoking cigarettes.
I've written a few reviews years ago but none recently.

I have an Evic-VT and really like the long battery life,ease of use and the different options of this mod. Best feature is no dry hits!

thedeval

Aug 18, 2015
Foggy Hills
Picture 2.jpg

Just got It.... Just love it.... Just want the Production version....

Yes ppl, this thing works... It does know when the tank/fluid is low/out and cut off pwr when that happens.... AND>>> It is controlling the Wattage during a long hit so that you don't burn up the cotton. I have no clue how they are pulling it off with Kanthal... but they are...

I would love to see the final product... and would be more than glad to review both versions side by side... ie... hook a brother up... haha

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks for this opportunity.

Thus far, all I'm hearing is good. The ability to do temp control over Kanthal is the current holy grail of vaping, and this looks like it's found its mark.
I am vaping to keep a promise I made to my father whose untimely death was caused by smoking - cancer and COPD. More than that, I find that now that I've quit smoking I feel better and smell better (both meanings of the word). It's become a hobby - a passion - of mine!

Several, with many more to come, can be found at Noob Vapers I find that I prefer the written review over the YouTube reviews...

I have several. I started with a cloned Hana DNA40, and then bought an eVic VT, an iStick TC40W, an EHPRO SPD A5, and a SMOK XPro M80Plus (which is fine as an 80 watt box, but terrible at temp control). I am currently stalled in my research and debating the purchase of an SMY TC60W or one of the many Nickel Purity mods on the market... That is all to say that I've been VERY pleased with the TC mods, although I find that I prefer built coils over stock coils in my atomizers...

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
After I started vaping at the beginning of 2015, I read and learned everything I could about vaping. That started me down that neverending path of constantly upgrading equipment in search of the "perfect" vape. I first learned of temperature control watching Phil Busardo's video of the DNA40 chip. Bought my first temperature control mods when I purchased a Vaporshark rDNA40 online. While waiting for the item to be shipped, I was in a B&M browsing and purchased a SX Mini M Class. At this point I was using nickel coils in a Subtank Mini and an Atlantis. This was my first step into the temperature control world. Over the months, I have also purchased a Vaporflask clone (that stopped working after a couple of months), an IPV4 (given away to someone), an EVIC-VT, Snow Wolf 200, Sigelei 75TC, and Sigelei 150TC. With the explosion of temperature control-capable tanks and coils over the past month or so, my hardware collection now also consists of Aspire Triton tanks (using Atlantis nickel coils), and Freemax Starre Pro (using Freemax nickel coils). I have also amassed a collection of different prebuilt nickel coils that will fit/work with Atlantis tanks. I have also started rebuilding Atlantis and Freemax coils using nickel wire and Japanese organic cotton. This also includes building nickel coil builds in RDA's and RTA's. My current "line up" consists of six different temp control mods and I use temp control builds on every one of them. What I love about using temp control is being able to set the power level to achieve my desired ramp up time and then using the temperature setting to fine tune my vape. Some juices can handle higher temperature settings while others require lower. The one downside to using nickel wire for temp control is the low resistance. While it works fine in tanks, it becomes a bit problematic with RDA's and being able to create multiple coil builds. I would love to have the capability to use kanthal wire and still be able to have temperature control as the higher resistance would make it easier to create double or even quad coil builds. Another downside in my experience is that my vaping style is that I tend to chain vape. When chain vaping, this doesn't offer enough time for the coil to cool down, so as I vape longer and longer, the coil stays hot and the vape gets weaker and weaker.

What makes me passionate about vaping is after smoking for over 30 years, and promising my family that I would quit smoking 20 years ago when my daughter was born, vaping has been the only thing that has successfully allowed me to quit. I've tried quitting cold turkey, using NRT's and using Chantix, and I had never been able to stay away from cigarettes for more than a day. The day I started vaping was the day I last had a cigarette and I have never had a day where I felt like I could not keep away from lighting up a cigarette again.

As far as reviews, I have done several pseudo-reviews on ECF. The following link is a pretty comprehensive review that I wrote comparing 4 different nickel coils that can be used in Aspire Atlantis tanks.

aspire atlantis 2 vs freemax starre pro | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't heard of this company or this mod until now but the technology sounds very exciting. I have yet to try a temperature control mod. What made me passionate about vaping was watching both of my parents develop COPD and after twenty three years of smoking I knew where I was headed if I didn't change my ways. I tried nicotine gum, lozenges, self hypnosis, and zyban. Nothing worked for me. A little over six years ago I found out about ecigs and ordered my first 510 kit and some liquid from what then was called RuyanDirect which I believe was the old name of Heaven Gifts. Since then I have been amazed by the leaps and bounds in technology that vaping has taken.

Krisma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Australia
    To enter the contest, post a reply to meet any one of the options below:

This is the first I have heard about the Asolo

I was a chronic 50 per day smoker who never believed I could quit. Vaping was the saviour and I thank the vaping industry every day for extending my future. If it can work for me it can work for anyone.

I do written reviews of a lot of different vaping devices and I made my debut video review of a small mechanical mod just recently.

This would be my first TC device

Time: August 18th 2015 to August 24th 2015

We also will select 2-4 participants and ship the latest edition of asolo sample to them. (The chosen ones will have more chances to get more vape samples from Heaven Gifts for free in the future). Once completed the test, please post your valuable review in this thread, and PM us your feedback on Asolo soon.

Thank you for the opportunity. :p

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I started vaping in 2012 and have been a huge fan ever since! I started with a little eGo battery and worked my way up, learning as I went. I own a wide variety of mods, but I have not yet taken the plunge into TC. I have been looking for the right mod to make that leap and from what I see of the 200W Asolo TC MOD I think I want this to be that mod! I LOVE that T-shaped button and it looks very simple to use, even though you can use any kind of wire available. That's nuts! I saw this mod on Heaven Gifts when I was looking at the site earlier today but the price tag threw me off! :)

The last mod review I did was for the Innokin Disrupter but that review is embedded in a contest thread and goes on for many posts. I do product reviews all the time for different survey sites I am involved with. I prefer to write reviews rather than do YouTube videos. Thank you for the chance to beta test!

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2011
    The Reef just off the Florida coast
    ... I saw this mod on Heaven Gifts when I was looking at the site earlier today but the price tag threw me off! :)
    The price is not yet posted, @cooladdict.

It says on the site: "Attention:
    The IJOY Asolo is not for sale now, this is only an introduction page.
    Also please donot refer to the price, which is not real. Thank you!"
    ;)

@Vera, that's really cool of you and Electronic Cigarette, E-Cigarette, E-Liquid | Heaven Gifts to make this offer. I don't think the form factor is right for me on this box, but thank you very much!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    The price is not yet posted, @cooladdict.

It says on the site: "Attention:
    The IJOY Asolo is not for sale now, this is only an introduction page.
    Also please donot refer to the price, which is not real. Thank you!"
    ;)
    Right. It says that AFTER you click on it. It does have that $999.00 price posted on the page, though, lol. :shock: :D

@Vera, that's really cool of you and Electronic Cigarette, E-Cigarette, E-Liquid | Heaven Gifts to make this offer. I don't think the form factor is right for me on this box, but thank you very much!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    It's somewhat common practice for sites to use a fake place holder price for items not yet on stock.....often $999 :p
    Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
    Yep, that's exactly what I figured when I saw it. Since it has an "arrival notice" next to it I did not choose it as one of my choices for the contest. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread