2010/2011 vapors..what were we thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
71sTMks%2B7xL._SL1500_.jpg

we have come a long way!

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
That was around the time I first considered trying ecigs. After days of research, much on this very forum, I concluded it was too expensive and involved to be enjoyable. It seemed everyone was having problems and going to great lengths, such as the blue foam, to improve there ecigs. I wondered why anyone in their right mind would go through all that trouble to replicate something as simple and readily available as cigarettes.

Come the summer of 2013, I had quit smoking for three years and decided to revisit the ecig thing. I tried a cigalike but found little joy and nearly eschewed the whole idea but further reading spurred me to try an ego and ce4 setup. This was just enough to put me smack in the middle of those seeking to eek out just a little more from my new-found hobby.

I now sit surrounded by several square feet of vaping gear awaiting components to complete my first built from scratch box mod and have already mapped out my next three builds.

VAPE ON

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I remember when I upgraded from a Joye 510 to a Bartleby box mod. The Bartleby charged from a mini usb and could last me the whole day as opposed to the Joye manual batteries which were good for around an hour.

Eventually I got tired of dealing with the crappy atomizers and burnt hits, so I went back to cigs until last September when I saw equipment had advanced to the point I could enjoy it, and the rest is history!

-Treeburner

Reactions: Katatawnic

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I remember when I upgraded from a Joye 510 to a Bartleby box mod. The Bartleby charged from a mini usb and could last me the whole day as opposed to the Joye manual batteries which were good for around an hour.

Eventually I got tired of dealing with the crappy atomizers and burnt hits, so I went back to cigs until last September when I saw equipment had advanced to the point I could enjoy it, and the rest is history!

-Treeburner

I still have a couple of Bartleby's in a drawer somewhere ;)

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
We have a vape shop every 100 feet nowadays but long term we have one. And its a combination vape shop and pet shop.

And them blue foam crap ecigs wre all the rage for about 15 minutes. They actually still have the sign up for a starter kit. 90 bucks.

I considered that stuff useless (still do) but my wife wanted to try anything to get the older kids off cigarettes so she bought each of them a kit.

And I'm talking real old school. Near as she's can recall like 2005.

The kids used them one day. My son still has his and believe it or not it still works.

In away I'm glad people kept trying to make a working ecig but for me until we got into the higher watts and lower ohms I didn't have any interest.

And as we are at the high water mark of vaping I'm sad. I still have no use for that old stuff so I'll prolly just quit everything. I'm sad for the smokers that won't have a chance in some ways and in others I'm like its out how so poop or get off the pot.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
But first, ya gotta peel of that flingin' flangin' friggin' black paper. Then wipe well with alcohol to get all the glue off.
I was SO very excited when uncovered cartos came out!! (I still have about a half-boatload of the black ones in the zombie drawer)

Edit: @ smacuser.
Coolerrat types faster than I do :blush:)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    But first, ya gotta peel of that flingin' flangin' friggin' black paper. Then wipe well with alcohol to get all the glue off.
    I was SO very excited when uncovered cartos came out!! (I still have about a half-boatload of the black ones in the zombie drawer)

Edit: @ smacuser.
    Coolerrat types faster than I do :blush:)

I could hardly get the wrapper off more or less the glue, lol. I've had Black cartos in a tank for more than a month and that wrapper still didn't loosen.
    Didn't feel like coughing up the $2.50 for SS back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread