2010 business plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Many ideas have been discussed, pondered, tossed out, reconsidered, put on the drawing board, scrutinized, re-tossed out, new ideas put forth, etc. and we believe that we have come up with solid plans that will benefit not only our customers but Tasty Vapor as a growing entity providing fresh products for vapers across the nation.

Tasty Vapor has now applied for its business license and is initiating the process of taking this venture from a tedious hobby to a legitimate business. Along with this move some things had to be considered and implemented.

As you have seen from the site, we have moved into an OS Commerce based store. Random bugs pop up now and then and we hope that you, our valued clients will continue to bring to our attention, any flaws that you may find and we will go out of our way to get these anomalies corrected.

California Taxes

Tasty Vapor will be registering as a DBA in the state of California, and as such, we must impose a tax on our products for those individuals Residing In California. This will be effective January 1st, 2010. As we keep overhead costs as low as possible, this shouldn’t impact any of our California clients to any great degree with the products you order.

Wholesale Orders

Though we are considerably flattered that electronic cigarette vendors would consider carrying our product for their clients, we have had to carefully review the amount of wholesale orders we receive against the amount of retail orders. As Tasty Vapor mixes every single order fresh as it is ordered, this is a very labor-intensive process. When material and labor is figured into matters, it almost seems that we’re paying the wholesale clients money to take our product off of our hands. And the retail orders outweigh wholesale orders by far and we feel it in our best interest to devote the time, energy and materials to our retail customers. Hence we have made the decision to discontinue wholesale orders. This decision doesn’t come easy, but from a business perspective, it is the best choice to make.

Price Increases

There is nothing drastic to report here. And it has been posted up on the site. The prices of the e-liquids will remain the same, but the cost of the other items on the site, the increases are as follows

Doubler Products – will increase from $12 per unit to $15 per unit
Propylene Glycol – will increase from $6 per 4 ounce bottle to $7
Vegetable Glycerin – will increase from $4 per 4 ounce bottle to $5

Poly Fill has been removed and will no longer be offered.

Flavorings

Quite a few are familiar with the company that we use for our flavor bases, however, we have come up against many emergency situations mandating replacement of flavorings that our current company, given their operation procedures, is not able to meet.

I am currently working with an expert in the field of flavors and fragrances whom is local and is able to meet demands with next day deliveries at priority mail prices, more reasonable product prices, higher quality products.

This means, some of the flavors may taste slightly different, but only slightly. Also, we are trying to devise more flavors that refrain from the use of artificial coloring as this has been an expresses concern with many clients. But I can assure you, you will continue to receive the same great flavors you have come to expect from Tasty Vapor.

International Orders

Tasty Vapor has decided to serve clients residing exclusively within the United States. This is not our proclamation that US clients are more important than International clients. We’ve had clients in Italy, Canada, South Africa and many others and we feel that the additional hoops we have to jump through, the shipping costs, the customs forms to get products to these locations, is taking valuable production time away from our US clientele. As such we have decided that Tasty Vapor will ship exclusively within the United States so that the flow of business can continue without interruption.

Some of these ideas may seem harsh, however, and after consideration, we feel that this will more adequately streamline our operations to meet the increasing demands of our retail customers, which has been growing rapidly every month.

We appreciate your understanding and your patience as we continue to revamp and revise to deal with the growing pains of this fantastic business venture and we’re glad that all of you have been a part of it and we very much appreciate the support you have shown over the past few months.

And with the new plans in place it is ultimately our goal to improve on our services. In the long run, we will likely have to hire additional employees to meet our growing business demands. I think at this juncture and having additional help, it would be a better idea to consider International and wholesale orders.

We thank everyone of you who has left me feeling haggard at the end of the day. Because more than anything else, I also feel useful as the result. And for that, I am grateful. This has been a fantastic experience and I look forward to seeing what happens in 2010 and very much look forward to dealing with all of you.

Last edited:

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Kudos on all your success in 2009, Geoff. Your product and your customer service are outstanding and I realize it doesn't come without effort.

The new prices still don't even approach the point where I would have to think twice. Fortunately, the tax and international shipping changes don't affect me either, but I hope this doesn't negatively impact our nation's foreign policy too greatly.

The only thing that concerned me in your post was the mention of ingredient changes. For a moment I thought "Hmmm. That sucks." But then I remembered what an obsessive stickler you are for quality and decided I (the customer) will be satisfied regardless.

Good luck to you on what promises to be an exciting year for Tasty Vapor!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, when I'm able to hire someone to help on the shipping/administrative end, this will free up a LOT more time to do things like run errands to post offices. I also have to keep in mind there are countries banning these products and I don't want to stick my head on a chopping block shipping banned products into these countries. So, I'll have to bone up on that a bit more before I proceed. As it stands, I'm just doing what I can manage to meet retail demand.

There is always room for improvement when the means permit.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Geoff the toughest thing for me when I order that seems to mix me up id the three seperate flavors in the ordering proces and how they are laid out as you know from y first order where it say 1st flavor 2nd flavor and 3rd flavor, I think it could be more user friendly on exactly just how to do this and what it means to order one flavor or mixing two or three in one order of flavor I dont know what to do to fix it I just knw I cant be the only one to think this and maybe its something you could work on or change in some way by line item, I also want to thank you for getting that last order out for me so dam fast that was just terrific, thanks Geoff, looking forward to you as my supplier for a long long time..!!!
Thank You
Matt Ahern

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Geoff, good luck on the business, and kudos for setting up the shopping cart system! I figured you'd implement one as soon as needs required, and for me as an online shopper, it's the best route. With their crackdown on ecig suppliers, I refuse to let Paypal have one red cent of my money in transaction fees if I can help it. This is why I've waited until now to order. You got my order for tobacco and cafe macchiato this afternoon, and I am anxiously awaiting them after reading all the good things people are saying. Thanks!

EDIT: ACK!!! Just noticed there is a delay on the tobacco. Will this hold up the order, or is there any way we can arrange for seperate shipping? I'll gladly cover the cost.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Berthoff. Because sales skyrocketed, we had to sit down and review certain things we thought were slowing a flow down considerably and having take time out to cut squares of polyfill was one of those things. It took too much time away from production. So for now, that's out. Maybe at a later time we'll resume.

MWA, I'm certainly open to ideas to a more comprehensive layout and verbatim to tell people that that particular section is for people to choose up to three flavors that they'd like ONE bottle to contain. Because no matter how simple I lay it out, someone always confuses it.

With the present layout, I have to tell you, I've had the LEAST problems with it so far, so I'm hesitant to fix it. Do you think there is a dummy-proof way of laying it out and explaining it, I'm all ears baby!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Data, we'll see what can be done. I have a VERY limited amount of tobacco base left and haven't sorted out orders that wanted tobacco. I couldn't order earlier because of the holidays, it's on order and they get it here pretty much overnight, but the stuff takes a week to macerate to a point that I can use it as a flavoring. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll see what we can work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread