Status
Not open for further replies.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Hello Everyone!

I have been vaping for about 8 months now and have tried a few different ecigs and wanted to share my opinions. Please note: I am in no way affiliated with these companies. All of these ecigarettes were purchased for personal use but I would like to help out anyone searching for a cig-a-like and I hope this can help!

V2 Cigs-

Batteries:
V2 has a very glossy battery that I personally am not a fan of. They often get very slippery when using them but the good thing is that these batteries are easily cleaned if they get dirty. I personally own 2 shorts (one manual and one auto), one standard (auto), and one LONG battery (manual). The battery life on the long battery is actually quite good, it can easily last me the full day. The standard size is average and the small battery has very poor battery life (surprise?). The batteries don't feel very high quality. The threading turns very dark/black with gunk from normal use so you have to clean them very often (I do not think this is normal as I have not had this problem with other Ecigs). Personally I have had 3 batteries fail on me in a 2 month period from when I first got my kit. The standard batteries will just light up upon inhale and stay on until they burn out (happened with 2 of my batteries) and also the manual batteries buttons are very loose so they sometimes will not work when pressed. Overall I am not very pleased with V2 cigs batteries although when they do work they are about average. I would like to mention that the draw on V2's batteries is actually quite good. Not too much air and not too little. 8/10 rating for their auto batteries, 7/10 on their manual.

Cartridges/Flavors:
V2's cartridges are just bad IMO. They are very short which causes TONS of liquid to come out of the cartridge. This is not my fault in any way shape or form, I make sure to keep the batteries pointed down towards the floor (cartridge side up of course) and inhale very softly. NO GOOD! Also, they are VERY noisy when taking a drag *POP SSSSSS HHISSSS*:oops: Not very good when you are in a very quite office...
Their flavors are not bad once you get used to them. If you are someone that has experience vaping I can say with confidence that you will dislike the flavors as they are very plain and not thought out at all. The best way to describe their flavors is SIMPLE. They are what they are and nothing else to it; throat hit is okay on the red and congress but every other flavor is not too great. All of their dessert flavors (vanilla, chocolate, coffee (not sure if that's a dessert)) taste more like syrup than anything and was actually gut wrenching at first but I started to like them (until I tried quality juice from random vendors). You can also tell that V2 manufactures their cartridges in different plants. Although I do not know this for sure, some carts are different than others. Some flavors have rubber caps that can be removed, some do not. I found this very strange:confused:. Their liquid was kind of harsh on the throat. I would just be sitting there vaping when all of the sudden 8-o I get a horrific throat hit that makes me cough for minutes strait. Almost like I got a hit of straight pollyfill, burnt and disgusting and would make me not want to vape (back to analogs). Their carts also come half filled 90% of the time and to remind me of this I actually took out a brand new cart I had sitting around unused, opened it up and guess what, looks like there wasn't a drop in there......

Accessories:
First thing that comes to mind....overpriced. Next word that comes to mind, no attention to detail. I personally owned their metal carrying case (standard size) and it was a joke. They focused more on the look than function. It is curved on the inside making it difficult to fit carts, if the rubber caps are on they have to be squeezed in and the will get caught when you slide the case open. Metal?...No, more like aluminum little plates that cover the case which is plastic, and the metal dents very easily. Their soft case was actually nice though. It has 4 spots for carts. You have to slide the condoms half way off to fit them in the holder which isn't a bad thing. It also hold 3 batteries of any size with a cartridge; so overall I liked this case. LIQUIMAX BLANKS: AWSOME. They are actually very nice and nice quality. I have heard of people having issues with them leaking but I did not. This was actually my favorite part about V2. Their charger is kind of strange in a good way, the USB that plugs into the wall adapter is supposed to stay a solid red while charging but it would actually blink to blue every few seconds. Once the battery was almost charged it would turn a purpleish color letting you know. I was told by CS that this is not supposed to happen and they would send me a new one but i told them not to cause I liked knowing that the battery was almost done. But to sum it up, I was sent a defective charger....I did not check out their PCC because I heard nothing but bad things about this, apparently it is just a big hunk of plastic and not very functional.

Company:
V2's customer service (CS) is actually good from my experience. Although, there shipping department's QC is garbage. They also don't take much care in shipping products out in nice packaging. When I had my batteries fail on me they replaced them with ease (although it broke 2 more times....) and every time I needed them replaced it was the same, no questions asked, we know our product is bad and breaks so here is a new battery. They send it in no packaging, just thrown in a paper envelope and two of the batteries I received were used. How do I know this? They were covered in grime and just dirty and broken within days. I also had two orders messed up, my first and my second. On the first order they sent me medium strength carts in my Sample Pack and on the second order they sent me light coke flavored carts instead of full. They did give me a refund on the coke carts but nothing for the sample pack. This is a major, major issue with V2. They do not tell you when a product is out of stock a lot of times. They take your money and send you the closest thing available and hope you do not complain. Don't believe me? Go with V2 for a while, they are just shady. I would think it was a mistake but whenever I complained about being sent a wrong item they would say "Oh, we are so sorry, we were out of stock on this product" So I figure okay whatever, go back on their website, the product is still listed there....FOR WEEKS.

Overall:
I am trying to finish this review without too much ranting (failed) but there is just so much to tell about them and I left plenty out. I would not recommend V2 to anyone. Their company is shady and their product is not so great. There are much better companies out there. Please do not let their affiliate website, cool website, or marketing draw you in. You will not be happy...

Green Smoke:

Batteries:
I personally only owned their essentials kit so I can't say much about all of their products. The only battery I own is their long white battery (glows red). Their battery is actually really nice, it is a combination of halo's soft rubberized coating and v2's overly glossy batteries. It is right in the middle and perfect because it is easily cleaned when dirty but is not slippery. The battery performs very well in regards to its battery life. For it's size it lasted longer than expected. The threading is gold in color and looks very nice and the end cap is a unique light green color that really adds to the uniqueness of the battery. My only complaint, and it is somewhat major, is that their air flow is sent through only the battery instead of the top of the cart like on most other products. There is way to much airflow and you are forced to cover the large holes near the threading of the battery to get a nice drag but it is kind of cool at the same time because it can be used as a carb in a way (if you ever smoked the ganja you know what I mean:D) Overall I would rate greensmokes batteries an 8/10 but they would be perfect if it wasn't for all that airflow...

Cartridges/Flavors:
Greensmokes carts are MUCH better than V2. They are normal length so they are not too close to the polyfill which means little to no leakage. This makes using greensmoke much more pleasant. Their tobacco flavors are the closest thing I have tasted to an analog. This is great if you are quitting smoking and the throat hit is nice on their red label. The great thing about their liquid is its very smooth and doesn't leave you with a dry, irritated throat. This is great for beginners. As stated before, their carts are different because the airflow is not from the cut outs on the top of the threading on the cart but rather at the bottom of the battery. This allows them to be screwed in very well and give them a solid feel and great connection to the battery. This is all good but you will still experience a very burnt taste once the cart is getting somewhat low. This is very, very annoying but will be experienced on every ecig besides the next kit in this review (to my knowledge..)

Accessories:
Cannot comment on this, their product was so simple I preferred to just hold the whole cig in my pocket, no cases or extra chargers. Their USB charger was a very nice quality though, and great threading. Attention to detail is where green smoke appears to excel in my experience with them.

Company:
Great shipping speeds and great customer service. Great packaging and just overall great experience with them. I will not go too deep into it like V2 but I can say this, NO PROBLEMS HERE!

Overall:
Greensmoke in my opinion is one of the best options for someone looking to keep things simple. Their carts come packaged in very small little blister cards in little flip top boxes. No refilling, simple, simple, simple and tastes just like a real cigarette (or as close as you can get to a real cigarette using just liquids...) If the following kit does not sound like it is for you then I would definitely recommend Greensmoke.

Halo G6-

Batteries:
The G6 has a very soft, rubberized coating that I really like. Their auto batteries could use a little more air flow but still are great. I am not sure why but their manual batteries have more air flow and I think others that have this kit would agree. Their manual batteries are awesome, the button is recessed preventing accidental activation when not in use. They do have a cut off which I am not to happy about but with the way these things preform you can get more than enough vapor in a 3-4 second drag (cut off is about 5 seconds I think). My only complaint is that once they get dirty there is no going back. I recommend getting a dark color because I have a white one and it has random marks on it and is discoloring quite fast. Another complaint I have is that unlike some other brands halo's end caps are not really inserted in but rather glued on to the top. Their machine appears to not be very accurate in getting them on because both of my batteries end caps are off center so when taking a drag from certain angles you will be unable to see the LED but if you rotate the battery you can see the end cap coming off the end and clearly see the LED. This makes them feel of lesser quality with less attention to detail. Overall their batteries are great but as you can see I would like to point out all the bad in everything I use as well: 9/10 on their batteries!

Cartridges/Flavors:
This is where I feel Halo shines:2c:. Their carts are just amazing. The end cap pops off very easily allowing for you to fill them with any juice you would like and the best part...THEY NEVER BURN. This was the main reason I wasn't into vaping but once I tried halos carts it was a whole new world. No more burning polyfill:D. But of course...I do have a complaint, a very small one. Their end caps get pushed into the cartridge very easily making it so you have to use a paperclip to get it out. Solution: be careful to push it in.... They also have many different colors for their carts and some LR carts that change the flavor a bit when used. They also have their mini tanks which are awesome but they are not branded with their G6 logo which I found strange. Their flavors are actually very unique, complex, and it seems they put a lot of thought into them. The throat hit is great and the quality is outstanding. You can really taste the quality of their ingredients.

Accessories:
Halo's prices are great in regards to their extras. I paid only $10 for a carrying case which far exceeds the quality of anything V2 would even consider selling. They also have a PCC which looks great. I can tell it is made in some random factory where they are making these same PCC's and just re branding them since there are quite a few companies that sell it. Great prices though! Their charger is great, the mini wall adapter is unique and the case that the G6 comes in is just great, nothing like it. Everything fits perfect and its a very nice quality. For only $45 you get this kit in this amazing case...WE ARE ROBBING HALO!!! Seriously though..you can't go wrong with this.

Overall:
I would highly recommend Halo to anyone considering a cig-a-like. You have the flexibility of filling their amazing carts with any liquid from any supplier. Their prices are great! I really have no complaints about the performance of their kit...which coming from me means a lot.

I know this review is kind of just my opinions but I hope this can help someone make their decision. To sum it up...V2 is a no go, Green smoke is great for someone looking for simplicity and liquids that taste like analogs, and Halo's G6 is just amazing...you cannot go wrong with the G6 for the price!

I would also like to note that this was all typed on a cell phone...excuse the horrible spelling and punctuation. My thumbs hurt....:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread