2017 Donatella Canistro paper: the e-cig is carcinogenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
ELuQfxh.gif

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, my little brain tells me the study is worthless... What "little" brain I am willing to spend reading it.

Really, it would be useful to promote relevant and up to date studies that are conducted with best research practices. We don't need another study to convince us that voluntarily vaping dry hit after dry hit is going to be bad for use. Or burned coils. No one vapes like that, sorry.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
"Several details were missing from the publication regarding the manner in which the scientific research was conducted. The co-authors stated that they initially tested the e-cigarette at 3.3 V, but no significant levels of formaldehyde were detected (only about 0.001 mg per every 10 puffs)."

New Farsalinos vape study debunks old NEJM ‘formaldehyde myth’

https://info-electronic-cigarette.c...bunk-the-formaldehyde-risk-with-e-cigarettes/

New Study Officially Debunks Vaping and Formaldehyde Myth

“Area sampling results showed that background formaldehyde concentrations were similar to the personal sampling results. Low concentrations of formaldehyde exist in many indoor environments because of off gassing from furnishings, clothing, and other materials.”

The deception of measuring formaldehyde in e-cigarette aerosol: the difference between laboratory measurements and true exposure

"This time, researchers obtained a variable voltage device, and applied 3.3 and 5.0 volts to an (unnamed) atomizer for 4 seconds per puff. At 3.3 volts they found no formaldehyde, while at 5.0 volts they found formaldehyde levels up to 15 times higher than in tobacco cigarette smoke. But there are major problems in this study."

Page 10 on the attachment

"Table 4 presents the personal air sampling results for formaldehyde. None of the employees we monitored had exposures to formaldehyde above OELs."

Attachments

• 2015-0107-3279.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

berfm

Feb 27, 2018

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Simplified.

If you turn up the power high enough, the atomizer will burn, creating formaldehyde and other combustion products.
This is commonly known as a dry hit.
People do not, and indeed cannot vape like this.

Youtuber Matt (suck my mod) debunked this. I cannot post a link directly to his video as it has many swears.
Search within his channel for keyword "formaldehyde" to find the video.
Suck My Mod

"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything"
Darrell Huff - How to Lie With Statistics (1954)

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Well Im not upset to see a noob posting this question, so cheers NilsServ.
TY for coming to ECF to get more info!
Here we sometimes use the term ANTZ, yes there are ppl who cherry pick anything negative
Are apparently negative to the viewer/reader/listner who might not know details.
Hopefully the longer you stay and participate here on ECF the more knowledge youll
amass, knowlege is power, power fuels willpower, all combined these traits save lives of former smokers.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread