22ga needle syringe and eGo cartomizers - HELP Pls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Well Merry Christmas everyone! I was so excited to receive my new juices today, as well as a couple of 5 ml 22ga needles (recommended by my juice supplier...he told me 22g would work just fine) to refill my eGo cartomizers, but I can tell that I would never make a good drug user cause the syringe/needle is giving me such a hard time...I'm ready to give up on this method!

My juices are all 50/50, and when I put the needle into the bottle, nothing sucks up while I lifting the 'plunger' (is that what it's called?) over and over and over...it feels like tight air pressure is preventing any juice from being sucked up. I tried it in a cup of water, and it works just fine! I removed the needle and was able to pull up juice just fine using the syringe only...attached the needle, and nothing comes out! In fact, I've got to push down real hard for anything to happen....it's almost like a 'spring effect' is preventing anything from happening when the needle is in position!

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? This is the first time I'm ever using a syringe with a needle, and I AM being very careful!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
A 22 gauge needle is much to small for thick juice, you will need an 18g or larger.

Thanks so much babyblueut...seems every video I've watched mentioned 18ga! I mentioned this to my supplier, but he said 22ga would be just fine! Now I'm bummed....how to fill with an eGo carto without a syringe??? :(

So the lower the ga number, the bigger the needle?

So the lower the ga number, the bigger the needle?

yes that is correct. I have had some luck just dripping into the hole in the threaded side of the mega ego cartomizer, you could try that, drip a drop until it disappears and then drip another, try it with about 10 dops.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
yes that is correct. I have had some luck just dripping into the hole in the threaded side of the mega ego cartomizer, you could try that, drip a drop until it disappears and then drip another, try it with about 10 dops.

Good idea...I already do this with my 510, so I'll give it a shot today!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
In case you might be considering buying more needles:
IMO, 18 gauge is the smallest usable, and lower gauge (larger needle) is preferable. At least 17. I use 15 for juice, but 18 and even smaller will work for flavorings.
Blunt tipped needles are strongly recommended too. :)

15 sounds perfect, and definitely on the blunt needles...I've read a couple of stories on the forum already about people getting accidentally 'stabbed'! OUCH!!!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Your local cvs, walgreens or what have you will have a proper sized needle for you. Go in and ask for a 16 gage (gauge)needle. They'll have it on hand. If they give you a hard time-they shouldn't, go to a farm supply store and they'll have them.

I'll try a pharmacy NOT local to me first, not that I look like the kind of person who would use a needle for anything BUT refilling! hahahaha Thanks for the tips!!!!

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I use a 2" 18 guage needle to fill the syringe and with the needle still in the bottle I switch to an 22 guage to fill the carto. Needles also come in 3" size if you want one that will reach the bottom of a 30 ml bottle.

Do you have a link for MsBree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread