The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

22mm vs 24mm rda for flavor?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Scherzhertz, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scherzhertz

Scherzhertz Full Member

Jul 6, 2019
    Im really confused about this , some people say 22mm are the best for flavor , but also some people say dual coil is the best for flavor?or is there a 22mm dual coil rda??

2. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019

Ok. A smaller chamber will produce better flavor. There are some 24mm RDAs that have smaller Chambers than some 22mm.

If you know what you're doing, you can put as many coils as you can fit in what ever RDA you want.

What style of vaping do you like? MTL makes better flavor IMHO, but that's subjective. And varies on juice, as well as other things. For instance, have you tried cucumber flavor?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dudeman

Dudeman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    The coil you use, how well you wick it, coil placement, and your juice has more to do with flavor than the atty itself. Some atty's are terrible though.

What are you using now? Or are you in the market for a new one?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I'm using a 30mm rta right now, the Aromamizer Plus. Have had a few rdas and rtas in the past. Of what I had, a Tobeco Velocity clone 22mm and a Troll V2 25mm rda were my favorites. I did have to place coils and wicking a little more carefully in the troll to get the same flavor as the Velocity, but with the velocity there was no extra room for placement to be off.
    When I started using the Aromamizer I again had to relearn how to get it just right.
    I buy an atty based on how I think the coils I want to use will work. Will they fit? How easy is installation? Are the posts (or holes) set in a way I want to build my coils?
    - 7wrap mixed twisted coils, 2.5mm ID,
    26 round, 28 round, and a .8 x .1 flat

5. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Normally, the smaller the chamber on the chimney the better the flavour. I used to only vape dual coil setups but recently switched to single coil as the atties I tried were giving off the chart better flavour. There is a correlation between 22mm and flavour but only because you need less room in a single coil deck...

Maybe try the new Gevolution mesh RTA clone.....

$30.19 ULTON Gevolution V2 Styled Mesh RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel / 23mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    It's been my personal experience with rdas that the short 22 mm rdas made for a single coil give a very concentrated flavorful vape. They're not cloud chuckers. The dual coils I've tried, 23 to 24 mm to accommodate the presence of dual coils, come with more airflow to keep those coils cool. They're great for cloud production but the flavor decreases with all that cloud.

I've found those short 22 mm rdas do very well with just a simple round coil. No need for anything fancy as they're not made for clouds and the coil will get too hot too close to your lips. I reserve Claptons, fused Claptons for my dual coil attys.

That is not a rule. There are always exceptions. I have a Reload X clone which is dual coil that gives amazing flavor with cloud. But it's set up to channel the air to come from under the coil, generally better for taste, and slightly restricted airflow. In comparison some other rdas with bottom air I have also have side air. No doubt they can fog out a room in 2 or 3 draws, but the flavor is "diluted" for want of a better term.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    A lot depends on the coils, and to get the best flavor out of a DTL setup (my opinion) you need a pretty warm vape, which some just don't care for, especially with a big cloud.
    In my Velocity clone I loved twisted duals that were 2 24g kanthal twisted tight, around .2 res,and I would run them over 100 watts up to 120. Still around 4.2 volts. Lots of air and a fast draw keeps it cool in the mouth. And it had tons of flavor.
    When I got the Troll 25 the same coils were not great, had the cloud but not the flavor. That's when I started using a flat wire in the mix, lower wattage (still over 70) and really played with positioning. Had some good vapes off that baby...
    If I put two kanthal 24g microcoils, single wire 2.5 inner diameter 7 wraps in my Aromamizer Plus, it would taste like air...
    That's all just me, though. I have always liked a warm deep lungfull of vape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.