25 states have banned e-cigarette sales to minors despite opposition by CTFK, ACS, AHA, ALA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Don't yall think it's interesting that the "health" organizations are opposed to the banning of underage sales?

Not really, if you think about it. If every state and township put a ban on underage sales (setting the age restriction to that of other tobacco products), then they would effectively lose the "what about the children?" argument. Without that argument, their case gets increasingly weaker by the day as new scientific evidence is revealed.

Not really, if you think about it. If every state and township put a ban on underage sales (setting the age restriction to that of other tobacco products), then they would effectively lose the "what about the children?" argument. Without that argument, their case gets increasingly weaker by the day as new scientific evidence is revealed.

I agree 10000%.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA

This, they need "the children" for the edge of the wedge they are using to drive E-cigarettes into the dangerous tobacco realm.

DruidPriest

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Well you're suppost to be 18 to get a debt card too....

Not true in PA most banks here have debit cards for teen accounts the treat it as a prepaid gift card... Some even have 14+ checking accounts... Not saying kids should use nic. I vape because its letting me step down "started on 24mg stepping down to 18mg soon". Fact is studies NEED to be done REAL INDEPENDENT STUDIES. On the dangers involved on both nic juice and non nic juice.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
If parents want their kids to switch from smoking to vaping, the parents can buy the ecigs for the kids.

That is why I'd support laws against kids purchasing but not possession. I think that should be a parental right.
I agree ...
However, someday a busy body will find a parent doing exactly this
and then start crying there needs to be a law against this
because it's child abuse !! ... And knowing this Nanny State loving country
the busy body Nanny State lovers will get their way.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
You should see the look of horror on ANTZ's faces when I say we'd be happy to support a ban on flavors for nicotine as long as it is tied inseparably to banning flavors in alcoholic drinks and coffee drinks.

I also support banning vaping wherever hot food and coffee are banned. (And, there ARE such places, because some hot food vapor at least can KILL some people, including children. Peanut oil, eggs, and in the case of a friend of mine, citrus peel vapor.)

And batteries ARE dangerous. Not nearly as dangerous as cell phones, but dangerous nevertheless.

WE NEED TO STOP SAYING WE ARE SAFE. Keep alcohol, caffeine, cell phones, and nicotine away from kids. Keep hot food away from many asthmatics. Keep to the truth. Most people already know how they feel about regulating the above. Let's use it to keep perspective!

(As far as parental rights and busybodies/nannies, the left and right are BOTH terrified to use anything remotely approaching common sense, both add restrictions that further break the system, and that whole field is a mess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread