25R or 26JM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Hello Everyone,

Looks like I have to get a new pair. My last two went kaput due to rain damage. My water-proof backpack did not turn out to be water-proof at all. I have a few Sonys with me. But want to get a Samsung. From the specs they look identical only 26s are 2600mAh. Which one to get? Or it really doesn't matter.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um.... Not to be nosy but your backpack may have not been waterproof but your battery case should have been? As far as I can tell? You weren't carrying around a pair of loose batteries in your backpack were you? Because if so, maybe it was good that it you know, was raining.

I don't know for a fact that my battery cases are totally waterproof and I don't know how much rain it was but they seem pretty tightly latched, enough that unless you dropped it in a pool of water or something.... It would have to be raining awfully HARD.

Anna

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
He didn't include the VTC6. I am disappointed!! o_O
Mooch said he didn't show ALL of the good batteries in his recommended table because if he did, folks unfamiliar with batteries would be confused on what to buy when offered so many choices. By limiting the choices to a few in each category, he felt it would be easier for these folks to chose which battery to buy.

Um.... Not to be nosy but your backpack may have not been waterproof but your battery case should have been? As far as I can tell? You weren't carrying around a pair of loose batteries in your backpack were you? Because if so, maybe it was good that it you know, was raining.
You brought up an excellent point, Anna. I recall a situation where spare batteries were being transported in a compartment in a bag and apparently came into contact with a metal zipper or something else metalic, which cause the battery to short out and explode. The user blamed it on the company who sold the battery to him (Provape). It turns out this was the result of user error: Always keep batteries in a plastic battery case to prevent contact with metalic objects. Battery explodes in bag

042.jpg

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Those were mech recommendations.
And appear to be based on the assumption that everyone who uses a mechanical mod will put a very low ohm build in it, which isn't true. I run mech squonkers exclusively, but I've never built below 0.5 ohms, and am more typically up around 0.75. So I run HG2s, 30Qs, and VTC6s almost exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread