26650 Battery for GeekVape Aegis (1st gen)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018
I have an Aegis first gen. which takes a single 26650. I got took on Amazon for some fakes and am now being more careful with which battery to go with. I found the KeepPower 6000ahm 26650 on illumn.com, but saw a warning against this site. I would be so grateful to anyone who could please direct me to a reputable site with a legit battery that would be optimal for a GeekVape Aegis (1st gen.) ran at 100w with a Valerian tank. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: stols001

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018
I have an Aegis first gen. which takes a single 26650. I got took on Amazon for some fakes and am now being more careful with which battery to go with. I found the KeepPower 6000ahm 26650 on illumn.com, but saw a warning against this site. I would be so grateful to anyone who could please direct me to a reputable site with a legit battery that would be optimal for a GeekVape Aegis (1st gen.) ran at 100w with a Valerian tank. Thank you in advance.

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Everything you need here

Mooch is the battery expert. He has taken the painstakingly exhausting task of testing all the batteries we use for our puffers and posted results on his blog along with links of where to buy batteries from. I like imrbatteries.com and rtdvapor.com for my battery needs. Check the charts for 26650 batteries, but I think aspire and ijoy 26650's are good choices.

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018
Illumn.com is a reputable site ...was this warning abot the cells or buying from illumn?
Buying from the site
Illumn.com is a reputable site ...was this warning abot the cells or buying from illumn?
As far as I could tell, it was concerning the site itself. *Shrug* I’m just not keen on wasting more money if at all preventable. I’m very new to this so I can’t really distinguish yet between good and bad.

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018
Just be warned,on the keepower 26650,it is very slightly taller than other 26650's.I bought 1 a while back and the mod has a gap because that battery is taller than my others.It is a good battery though.
They have two types of 26650s. Is yours the “flattop”, or the one that has the nub on the positive end like regular double a batteries?

• Agree

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wanted the iJoy 26650 for my Aegis 100W, but the trusted sources were out of stock. So I bought one of the next best on Mooch's list and picked up a couple of Hohm Tech 26650s from IMRBatteries.com. Those are still in the USPS system for delivery.

VTC6 and LG HG2 are lasting about 6 or 7 hours in the Aegis. I suppose I can get about 25% more vape time from the 26650.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
First forum experience- my apologies.

No big deal. I'm just having fun winding you up. :D

I answered because your thread had no responses, and then noticed you already had a lot of good info in your other threads.

My suggestions were in one of your other ones, lol.

TravisRising

Sep 14, 2018
Just be warned,on the keepower 26650,it is very slightly taller than other 26650's.I bought 1 a while back and the mod has a gap because that battery is taller than my others.It is a good battery though.
What do you find to be the best battery that you’ve used in this particular mod? Mind you, I’m a dock carpenter, so my mod absolutely HAS to be waterproof? Thanks.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread