The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

26650 Battery for GeekVape Aegis (1st gen)?

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by TravisRising, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    I have an Aegis first gen. which takes a single 26650. I got took on Amazon for some fakes and am now being more careful with which battery to go with. I found the KeepPower 6000ahm 26650 on illumn.com, but saw a warning against this site. I would be so grateful to anyone who could please direct me to a reputable site with a legit battery that would be optimal for a GeekVape Aegis (1st gen.) ran at 100w with a Valerian tank. Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rex Everything

Rex Everything Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Tacoma
    Illumn.com is a reputable site ...was this warning abot the cells or buying from illumn?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    I have an Aegis first gen. which takes a single 26650. I got took on Amazon for some fakes and am now being more careful with which battery to go with. I found the KeepPower 6000ahm 26650 on illumn.com, but saw a warning against this site. I would be so grateful to anyone who could please direct me to a reputable site with a legit battery that would be optimal for a GeekVape Aegis (1st gen.) ran at 100w with a Valerian tank. Thank you in advance.

4. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018

• Like Like x 1
  5. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Just be warned,on the keepower 26650,it is very slightly taller than other 26650's.I bought 1 a while back and the mod has a gap because that battery is taller than my others.It is a good battery though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Rangertrix

Rangertrix Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    Try RTDVapor.com, 18650batterystore.com, or imrbatteries.com.
    I use the Basen black and Efest green 26650s.
    Heard good things about the Hohmtech ones, but I believe they are just rewrapped Basen's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TwistedThrottle

TwistedThrottle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2014
    Washington
    Everything you need here

Mooch is the battery expert. He has taken the painstakingly exhausting task of testing all the batteries we use for our puffers and posted results on his blog along with links of where to buy batteries from. I like imrbatteries.com and rtdvapor.com for my battery needs. Check the charts for 26650 batteries, but I think Aspire and ijoy 26650's are good choices.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Please stop posting multiple threads on the same subject!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rangertrix

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    :admin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Buying from the site
    As far as I could tell, it was concerning the site itself. *Shrug* I’m just not keen on wasting more money if at all preventable. I’m very new to this so I can’t really distinguish yet between good and bad.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    They have two types of 26650s. Is yours the “flattop”, or the one that has the nub on the positive end like regular double a batteries?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I wanted the iJoy 26650 for my Aegis 100W, but the trusted sources were out of stock. So I bought one of the next best on Mooch's list and picked up a couple of Hohm Tech 26650s from IMRBatteries.com. Those are still in the USPS system for delivery.

VTC6 and LG HG2 are lasting about 6 or 7 hours in the Aegis. I suppose I can get about 25% more vape time from the 26650.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rangertrix

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    You want flat top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rangertrix

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    No big deal. I'm just having fun winding you up. :D

I answered because your thread had no responses, and then noticed you already had a lot of good info in your other threads.

My suggestions were in one of your other ones, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    illumn.com is a trusted site

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Thank you. Just wanted to be sure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TravisRising

TravisRising Full Member

Sep 14, 2018
    What do you find to be the best battery that you’ve used in this particular mod? Mind you, I’m a dock carpenter, so my mod absolutely HAS to be waterproof? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.