280 mah Battery for DSE 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine Michael Smith

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I just noticed that VaporKings has a new battery that will fir both a DSE 901 atty and Kr8 cart.

They are 280 mah and look pretty nice with the "White Diamond" LED tip.

In case anyone is looking for cool 901 stuff.

If anyone has tried them, let me know how they work. I don't have one, just thought it looked kinda interesting.

VaporKings.com "White Diamond" gloss black battery - crystal tip with white LED

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
A 501/306 atty would need an adapter to physically connect to a KR808 battery, which would also take care of the hole problem.

The 901 atty (more or less) has the same thread type as a KR808 battery, and will attach just like a carto. If you have batts and attys from diff vendors, there maybe some slight adjustment you would need to make to get them to work (not all KR808 batteries are the same, tolerances are slightly different).

With a manual battery, a KR808 batt works very well with a normal/high resistance 901 atty. Some have even reported luck with dripping using an auto KR808, but I haven't tested that myself. With a LR 901 atty, you run into problems with current capacity of the KR808 (most places recommend 450+ mAh batts for LR attys anyway). Not that it won't work, but those really small batts can't take a bigger current draw of a LR as well as the larger ones.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
Responding to your OP directly, I have used a newly acquired 901 atty directly on a KR808 manual batt. Used as a dripper, never have had any carts for a 901. It works. The vapor is "cooler", mainly because a 901 normally runs cooler than a 501 in most cases.

I've never had a "real" 901 batt, came from carto-land and this is my first foray into attyville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread