Status
Not open for further replies.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Today is my second year of vaping and also the date of my last stinky! Wow, it has been a long and educating experience. From going to dripping with my ex-wife's Blu, to manual and auto 280ma 501's and ultimately a Provari, the technology has been escalating quickly.

After smoking a pack and a half a day for 30+ years, I feel that health-wise, it has been very beneficial to me. No more phlegm, coughing or shortness of breath.

Not to mention the smell, ichy yellow walls (yes, I had to re-paint), or burnt clothing/car seats (guess you could say I'm a bit clubmsy at times).

I can't say if I've saved money, with all the gadgets I've purchased, but probably have (I don't really keep track of what I spend). When they say this can become a hobby, it's true - though it doesn't have to be.

I now make my own e-liquid, with the occasional purchase of pre-mixed stuff. I have become a modder, tweaking various devices, repairing others, and an occasional PV creator (wood box mod, flashlight mod). I make my own wicks and coils for my Kanger T2's and also stainless steel wicks for the Genesis clones I've purchased.

All in all, the experience has been wonderful. And the members of ECF have been very helpful and informative. Kudos to you all!
Keep up the good work and fight the good fight. Don't let an occasional slip back into tobacco deter you - this is definitely a healthier alternative!
I guess a reward to myself would be in order. Just what to get, though...:confused:

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Way to go, dsy5! I love to read inspirational posts like yours and cannot wait until I can also celebrate two years!

I, too, doubt that I am saving much money because of all my vape-related purchases, but I know for sure that I will save lots of money down the road on medical expenses.

Again, congratulations and happy anniversary!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Kudos for sticking it out with the lo-tech equipment in da beginning!!!
thumbsup.gif

After two years ya should have just 'bout every generation of vaping gear. Open a vapers' museum!

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Congrats! I know I will be vaping 2 years from now. I smoked for 37 years and LOVE vaping. I see you have progressed into various accessories. I was just wondering if after all that time (I'm only vaping for a little over 4 months) if you ever settle in on something or does your favorites keep changing?

I will usually settle on something, but then technology hits me over the head and I find something better. I still occasionally drip, but, for the most part, I have ditched cartomizers. I've settled into the rebuildable clearomizers (Stardusts and Kanger T2's) and, as of about 3 weeks ago, the DID-Genesis rebuildables. I don't think that I like the stainless steel wicks (very heavy on the flavor side, almost too heavy), but find that silica wick in them is very satisfying. They're also easier to rebuild than the Kanger T2's.

So, yes, I guess I do settle with something, at least for a while...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread