The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

2nd Edition Cartomizers review

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by mick37, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mick37

mick37 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Melbourne
    Got my E2 cartos today - first impressions :
    - looks like these are built similar like an AFS - mini AFS:p - the coil goes through a plastic cylinder so the liquid is contained between the plastic cylinder and the carto metal wall(no filling). The coil is wrapped in a string that goes down on sides in the liquid and drives the liquid to coil.Pretty ingenious ..!
    Hopes it makes sense - i'll try put some pictures tomorrow
    - Holds around 20 drops.
    - filling is not so complicated - I've tried like they showed in the pictures but you need a really thin needle and you can't see what you're doing, if the liquid goes in or not ..frustrating .. so I took out the second plastic ring and you can easily fill it with direct dripping - so far so good
    - vapping experience - better than normal cartos - because is no filling the liquids taste better, I also get a big amount of vapors - actually is very similar with direct dripping. TH is same with normal cartos
    - on 7.4V burned at first draw :laugh: but on 3.7V works fine
    I'm only using it for half hour , I'll update tomorrow

well ...updates on E2's after 24h of using
    not as good as expected ....I think the biggest problem is the fact that the only way the liquid gets to coil is "going up" the string and some liquids work, some don't or just stops working ...
    Also the liquid goes very fast - 20 drops keeps me going for around 1 hour on E2 when same quantity in a normal carto takes me 3-4 hours ...
    Also it gets a funny taste, not burning, but more kinda chemical after around 3 hours of use - I've already disposed 4 of them ....
    It's a good idea, but probably needs improvements

so much for the E2 -

2. Shad0w

Shad0w Super Member ECF Veteran

Who were these purchased from?

3. mick37

mick37 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Melbourne
  4. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    How much in US dollars did they cost you? How much would it cost to mail a package of 5 of them from where your at to US? How much would you charge me additional to do this if you are willing to?

Cheers,
    otrpu

5. par292

par292 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2010
    DeKalb Texas
    awsome, I ordered a bunch of the 510s and cant wait till they get here...

6. oettinger

oettinger Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    You can not order them if you live in America. They are being exclusively distributed by Vapor for Life.

Thay have some small changes on the table... They are not truly happy with them yet, so they will not be available for the US market for a couple of months.

7. Synthnadz

Synthnadz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Florida
    This is only true for the 808D model, just to clarify. The other versions (including the 510) are available for sale to anyone anywhere.

8. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thank you for the review Mick37! :)

9. Turbo

Turbo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2009
    NC/USA
    Cool, we'll have to add your review to this thread. I'd be curious to know if they leak when you have the chance.

10. mondotoker760

mondotoker760 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Now this is a review ive been waiting for! Cant wait to see some pix.

11. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    Thanks! So far this is good news. I'm so happy to see advancements in the cart designs and it would sure be nice not to have to fool around with them constantly. :p

I wonder what ever happened with Janty's Tesler Filter. That was suppose to be the Holy Grail of carts but I haven't read anything lately... maybe I should go look. :?:

12. BanjoMan

BanjoMan Pickin' Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2009
    Greensboro, NC
    Don't. It ain't pretty. :(

13. v1John

v1John Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    va
    (510 CE2 empties, $19.48 for a pack of 30)

[​IMG]

Someone asked about the prices, here they are. I clicked on the link that said 'Bulk Orders' because the other one said "Wholesalers'. The bulk sales link takes you to E-Liquid CN Online,
    Edition 2 Cartomizers E-liquid Web Shop CN Cartomizers Edition 2
    and for the empties it's $19.48 for a pack of 30.

The buddy system works great, because if you have a buddy or neighbor who wants to order one also, shipping actually gets cheaper, due to the fact that it's only the first 500grams that costs the most postage.

For example (just an example to help understand), you want 2 packs and your shipping is around $22, but if you know someone who wants 2 packs also and you order all 4 packs together, shipping might go up by only $5 instead of double the amount. [just an example, I'm not using actual shipping costs right now.]

14. Youthful313

Youthful313 Super Member ECF Veteran

15. K24A3

K24A3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2010
    Aus
    w00t just ordered 30 of those empty KR808D-1 cartos from e-liquid . cn

So sick of the burning carts lol. that'll last me until V4L has the even more improved CE2 ones.

mick37 any pics yet of the mechanism inside the CE2 cartos?

16. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

now. this is something worth to rebuild! if they dont leak you carry 3 of em with you and you can leave yer JB to use at home!:)

17. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

18. K24A3

K24A3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2010
    Aus
  19. skri11a

skri11a Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2010
    Houston
    Aargh... I couldn't help myself and went ahead and ordered. I was really hoping that we would see a little more extensive review by now but, oh well, my patience won't allow me to care. :D

I also got a few manual KR808-D1 batts too which will be nice.

Regardless, I hope somebody that's had them for a bit will start to give a little more detailed feedback soon. The wait is going to drive me crazy I'm sure.

20. muddstar

muddstar Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Spokane
    Got some! What the hey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.