Status
Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Yes, I've used them with an HV atty and it is the shiznit. There are different Ohm attys available now. I got them from Nhaler and they now have a tab for HV attys. I got the 510. There are 2 types, one is 4.5 Ohms which are supposed to bring 6V to around 5V. The other attys are 5 something Ohms (the ones I ordered), and are meant to bring the 7.2V to around 5. I actually just got the 4.5 Ohm attys in yesterday, but can't try them until I mail my Chuck in for repair and get my precious back:(.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
The HV attys don't take off any volts. They are just higher resistance. I really wish he would change his description. It's misleading.:rolleyes: Just read up here if you want the details of why I say that...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/57002-high-voltage-atomizers-2.html#post894154

But... the 5+ ohm HV attys are able to handle the 8.4V that will come from two 3.7V 16340's. I have several custom 801's (not nhalers) that are made specifically for 8.4V vaping and they hit like a freight train.
While the Nhaler (nerf) attys aren't quite as good as the ones I use, they are still a better hit than anything using less than 8V. You better stock up on juice though, cause they get really thirsty at that level.

...and I would not recommend using any stock attys at 8V. 8-o

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
The HV attys don't take off any volts. They are just higher resistance. I really wish he would change his description. It's misleading.:rolleyes: Just read up here if you want the details of why I say that...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/57002-high-voltage-atomizers-2.html#post894154

But... the 5+ ohm HV attys are able to handle the 8.4V that will come from two 3.7V 16340's. I have several custom 801's (not nhalers) that are made specifically for 8.4V vaping and they hit like a freight train.
While the Nhaler (nerf) attys aren't quite as good as the ones I use, they are still a better hit than anything using less than 8V. You better stock up on juice though, cause they get really thirsty at that level.

I know what you're saying about not taking off volts (I read that whole thread:() But it certainly has the best throat hit and flavor I have experienced yet! And yes, it eats up juice like no tomorrow. I gotta stock up if I wanna keep vaping like this!

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I know what you're saying about not taking off volts (I read that whole thread:() But it certainly has the best throat hit and flavor I have experienced yet! And yes, it eats up juice like no tomorrow. I gotta stock up if I wanna keep vaping like this!

Yeah, one advantage to going to the 8V+ level, is that the throat hit and nic absorption goes way up, so you can buy high nic juice and double (or triple) the amount by mixing it down.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, one advantage to going to the 8V+ level, is that the throat hit and nic absorption goes way up, so you can buy high nic juice and double (or triple) the amount by mixing it down.

TY HP and all for the feedback; the atty I got from drew has 5.5 ohm resistance and I got a feeling it would work better at the higher voltage; it pretty much doesn't perform well at 6v (well, with the 2 3.0 tenergys I got) so I'm hoping that the addl. kick will do the trick.

As it is, until I try this, I was wishing the 4.5's were on the site when I ordered the first time... live and learn. Maybe the 5.5 will kick .... tho.

The 3.0 tenergy batts do pretty good with the KR carto.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
TY HP and all for the feedback; the atty I got from drew has 5.5 ohm resistance and I got a feeling it would work better at the higher voltage; it pretty much doesn't perform well at 6v (well, with the 2 3.0 tenergys I got) so I'm hoping that the addl. kick will do the trick.

As it is, until I try this, I was wishing the 4.5's were on the site when I ordered the first time... live and learn. Maybe the 5.5 will kick .... tho.

The 3.0 tenergy batts do pretty good with the KR carto.

I tried the 5.5 ohm ones on 6V and yeah, teh suck. I wanna know how everyone gets cartos to hold up at 6V??? They were way harsh for me.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio

Complete vouch for this post from experience now.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas

Every place you have 8.4V typed don't you mean 7.4V? 2x3.7=7.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread