Not open for further replies.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Nothing original really, just "showing off" - if you could really call it that.

I broke my 2xAA Mad Vapes box mod and wanted something with both connectors plus some storage. The 2nd batt (on the left) is not in parallel, just a spare...I may change that at some point, but I'm not sure my wiring and the built in switch is really up for the current potential w/e.g. 1.5ohm dual coils. I don't use high drain batteries presently - just a protected 14500.

I love being able to use three different atty types (510, 306, or 901 - I don't have any 808s) without hunting for an adapter. I don't think I'd make another mod without the lanyard at this point either. Given how much I vape, that's a huge help and has saved this mod a few bumps already.

IMG_2011-06-07 08.26.05.017.jpg IMG_2011-06-07 08.27.02.346.jpg IMG_2011-06-07 08.27.45.787.jpg

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Pretty straight forward build - just like the MadVapes box basically. The primary difference is that there are two connectors, wired in parallel. Of course there's no "safety" if you connect both at once and try to fire it up aside from what's built into the battery. The lanyard I placed through the hole the wires used to come out of (bottom left on the internal/middle pic). There's a screw (beneath the wiring 'column') that can be reattached to the post beneath it to very securely hold the lanyard in the box. This particular box was purchased at Radio Shack for $2. Everything else, except the 901 connector (which was from a barely chargeable battery) came from the MV kit.

Oh, and I realize there are more than two connectors available. Upon re-reading, I see I made it sound like these two connections are the only ones out there. For me, they're more than enough though :p

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Cool.

If you're after 3.7v, why not put the batteries in parallel? Post 1 said you're not sure of wiring.... that would have both positive connected to each other. Both negatives to each other. This would double the mah without the need for a switcheroo. (this is in contrast to "in series" - aka end-to-end like a flashlight - which doubles the volts)

I can't quite tell from the pic, but FYI - a 3 ml bottle fits in a AA sized space. So that would be 1 3 ml storage bin, 2 batteries, 1 button/wire stuff = 4xAA.

BTW... this sub-forum is for "showing off". lol.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
TY AttyPops.

Yeah, I really should just wire up that other battery. I guess I was thinking that I should change the gauge of my wire, but even though you're putting out 10 or so watts on fresh battery(ies), I guess it's OK given its only for a few seconds. Certainly the wires are already larger than those in the atomizers themselves.

I really want to find some other boxes to work on now. I drip too many flavors to really use a feeder of any sort, but I had considered the 3ml bottle w/drip feeder.

I'm thinking up next I may try a VV in a 4xAA box, with just the extra slot for the atty again. Then again, I may do a single connector (probably 510) and do it like another mod I can't remember the name of at the moment, where the connector is well within the body of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread