Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Insane. I don't mean cool insane, I mean dribbling onto your meds insane.

"The lipo is 65c-130c amp (146 Amps Continuous or 292 Amps Burst). The build as mentioned in the video was @ 0.18 ohms hitting at around 16V. Based on Ohms law that equates to roughly 1422 Watts (less Voltage drop of course) and roughly 89 Amps."

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
image.jpg

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I get that you all think he is stupid for doing this, but he is well within safety limits for his battery and his mod. I doubt he runs it that hard all the time. if you notice in the beginning he had the POT down to 50% duty cycle then as he was talking he turned it up so show off for the camera. can you all honestly say you have never cranked your mods to 100% just for a hit or two just to say that you have?

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Same with the car... Hobbyists always push things. remember when most people started vaping? little ego style pens and such? How many upgraded to the bigger 100W and 200W boxes? I just started building Lipo pack mods myself. Granted I havent built anything over a 3s pack at 11.5 volts, but I can see how it would be fun to.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I get that you all think he is stupid for doing this, but he is well within safety limits for his battery and his mod. I doubt he runs it that hard all the time. if you notice in the beginning he had the POT down to 50% duty cycle then as he was talking he turned it up so show off for the camera. can you all honestly say you have never cranked your mods to 100% just for a hit or two just to say that you have?

Might be "well within safety limits" of the battery but without knowing the specs how can you be so sure of the rest of the components (switches, pot, wiring, ect.)?

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
you know what? Ill give you that. I just thought about the batt connector. looks like the XT60 which is rated for a 60 amp load constant with out heating past 80 degrees C. that should be addressed for what hes doing. most switches are only rated under 6 amps hence why we build with Mosfets. Wiring looks like 14G which would be fine for this, but I do conceed your point.

I guess I was responding to TruSpeeds comment about the battery with out looking at some of the other things in the box.

Reactions: AzPlumber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread