3.7 Thermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonRon

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Bossier City, LA
After having problems with other mods, you would think they would work out of the box without having to tinker with it or get replacements. So I started looking for a all mechanical unit saw the Thermo. I got it and now I am not a 6 or 5 volt fan so I got a 17670 battery to vape at 3.7 volts. The Thermo is mechanical and solderless. It is light and a little bigger than I am used to. With the button on the bottom that takes some getting used to. It is recessed and has not accidentally gone off in my shirt pocket. Vapor production is really great and can go all day on the 17670 battery. So far the Thermo is doing great but time will tell.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
mothers mag polish will clean these real good, then a lil naolox on the threads....directions on how to diassemble the button may come with unit if not are available at www.mcdonaldwebb.com :)

I didn't find any instructions on that site, and not slamming it or anything, but that site is all "wonky".

Fonzy

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
california
i ordered a sp2 initially, it came with instructions for button dis-assembly. thermo didnt for some reason, probably cause i ordered it weird.

pretty simple, take off the atty, the atty connector cap, and remove the batteries. i have penstyle attys, but i imagine this will work with any atty as long as the mouthpeice tip is firm.

you should have a tube, with the button connector still attached. take the atty, with mouthpeice attached, but Not the connector cap. set it upright on on a flat surface, so that the threads are down and mouthpeice is up.

take the tube with the button attached, line up the bottom button with the top of the cart thats attached to the atty.

give it a medium tap, not hard enough to damage it, but hard enough to get the job done. you should feel it coming apart.

now you can unscrew the button cap.

should have the button cap with threads, a spring, the white washer, and the button itself. give em a cleaning. personally, i used some oil that i oil my handgun with, not sure if thats safe or not. but i imagine any lubricant will work.

i oiled the button peice and the round part of the housing that the button slides in.

now put the button in the housing, slide the spring back on the rod part of the button and put the washer thing back on. press together so they fit nice again, and now you should have a nice clean easy to press button.

whew, hope that all made sense (very tired at the moment). might sound complicated, but its very easy once you do it your first time. if you keep your thermo in your pocket like i do, sometimes gunk will accumulate on the site of the button between the housing and button itself.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I didn't find any instructions on that site, and not slamming it or anything, but that site is all "wonky".
yeah i noticed after it didnt have the instructions anymore..lol thats actually the original makers site...dunno why they never improved it, guess selling it thru other co's worked better for them?!?!?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread