3.7v/6v sabre touch won't stop firing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
I have a saber touch like this one and mine started this behavior after I put a kick in it this week. New AW 18490 batteries. Same behavior, starts to fire then continues even after I let go. Strange, it happens I would say 85% of the time. I have to slightly twist off the atty or carto to make it stop.

Any help would be appreciated. I love the kick regulated vaping experience. 3.7v 18650 was not doing it for me any longer...

gplus.to/chieftechnicalwizard

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
I have the same problem with a variable volt,with a drip well....fairly new model. Screw in the atty and it just keeps firing. Didn't notice at first and ended up burning hand and melting adaptor (plastic piece on top of atty).

Don't understand how screwing in an atty can cause short.

Anyone have solution?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Did you contact Sir Lawrence? That would have been the first person I contacted. Since the Saber Touch rarely has a problem, there probably isn't anyone here that could help you . I hope you contact him and he will definitely take care of the problem.

Im no electrician but seeing as the atty is what the saber fires up. The saber touch is where your battery gets contained safely so it can conduct power to get you atty fireing to make the vapor, so If the atty has some sort of short or doesnt have any where to send the heat or absorb the heat it can only get hotter and melt. Im not an expert but from using atties on my KGO they do get real hot as the KGO stay completely cool.
What did you have the Saber set on, too high maybe? Was it close to something metal or another metal PV? Any way, please contact Sir Lawreence.

Last edited:

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
It was set at 5.00 and the pass thru at 8.4, just like it says on the label. So, I took it off the pass thru, put it on batteries and that's when I figured out it was firing before I got the atty fully installed. The atty is ok and still in use on another mod.

I contacted Sir Lawrence and he said I musta shorted it somehow. Somehow? It was just laying there, not even in use.

So, since I saw others having the same problem, I thought maybe they had a solution.

Last edited:

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I myself had this firing problem before, but on another device(provari) without even pushing the button, it started firing. I removed the atty and tried it on another mod, it worked perfectly. Took it off an put it back on original device and it started firing again!! The culprit:blink: A defective atty:facepalm: I would try another atty and see how it goes:2c:

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
This is the first I've seen this thread...

The only thing that can cause this is something had shorted out the circuits and created so much heat that the circuits couldn't handle it any more. This could happen to an electronic or push button switch. Maybe something like an atty that was causing a short, or the center pin was pushed up against the side of the Saber connector. The only way I can tell is too take a look at it. At worst case, the Saber would need to be remade. You don't want so much juice to build inside the connector either, since on any ecig, this creates a short between the center pin and the sides as well.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I had a 6v Saber that did this. Tried various attys and batteries, the Saber just stayed in firing mode. I ended up giving it away along with a 5v Saber that wouldn't fire at all any more. I've since gotten two more that have been working flawlessly and just picked up a third Saber, a Vari Volt.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Just curious, couldnt you just send them back in to repair? They do have a 5 year warranty dont they?

Good question, but mine were bought second hand and I don't know if the warranty is transferable. It would have been a $60 repair job. All of my Sabers only cost around $50 or $60 each second hand anyway, so......

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Avid, I wasn't using a kick or any other attachment. was using the vari-volt pass thru at the correct settings, but it happens when set up with batteries, too. Also was using the drip well, but shouldn't the atty be able to be in contact with liquid? Anyway, it also fires too soon without using the drip well. Tried lotsa different attys and they all fire too soon. :(

Last edited:

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
This is the first I've seen this thread...

The only thing that can cause this is something had shorted out the circuits and created so much heat that the circuits couldn't handle it any more. This could happen to an electronic or push button switch. Maybe something like an atty that was causing a short, or the center pin was pushed up against the side of the Saber connector. The only way I can tell is too take a look at it. At worst case, the Saber would need to be remade. You don't want so much juice to build inside the connector either, since on any ecig, this creates a short between the center pin and the sides as well.

I don't understand what you mean about the center post could be pushed up against the side of the Saber connector. The center post of what?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Funny thing happened to me last night, I was playing around with the spring on the end cap. My battery was loose, so Sir Lawrence had told me to pull slightly on it so it would make the battery snug. Well last night I was placing a fresh battery in when I noticed the rubberised lining that the spring attaches to was sort of popped out on one side. I pushed the lining back in and gave the spring another little pull, I noticed it was a bit crooked to one side but thought nothing of it. When I screwed in the battery the saber started firing on its own. Pulled the battery out and pushed it back in, same thing firing on its own. I took the end cap off. Straightened the spring and put it back on and its not doing it any more. You might check to see that your battery is in straight and not touching any parts it shouldn't. This might be a reason for the firing that you all might have. This could have been caused by either fiddling with the spring or battery being loose.

Anyway, I hope this is quick fix for you both. Im sure if you all contact Sir Lawrence he might go thru the basic things to check and if you have a faulty end cap maybe you can either replace it if you Saber is still under warranty or buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread