3 minute Dry Burn on 510 atty (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
This was a working 510 atty and I needed the connector for an adapter I'm making. Before I tore it completely apart I thought I see if it still worked at this stage. I stuck it on a VAPRE 51 to see how long it would burn and after 3 minutes I got tired of holding the button but the 510 kept going...and going...and going. These are tough little buggers!

YouTube - 510 Dry Burn

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I had a 510 atty that I ripped apart for giggles. It had the typical globs of nasty stuff (liquid residue) on the coil. For fun I did an extended dry burn on it. The gelatinous globs of goo were converted to a rock-hard crystalline substance that I don't think could ever be removed.

I dunno about this dry-burn thing.....

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
The very first burn I did before I decided to film it a small flame started and burned up the gummed up juice and some of the wick that was still on it. After I made the film I uncoiled the filament so it was a straight wire and fired it up again. It glowed until the battery died which was about another 2 minutes. So, yeah this thing was still working until I actually cut the coil off so I could use the connector.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
It is reassuring to see the 510 atty lit for that length of time. I count to 2 and than shut it right off.

I think I'm going to invite Houdini over to my house at Christmas time. He can light up is VAPRE 51 on the front porch and we'll sing Christmas carols to passers buy.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Come to think of it, Houdini is more of a Halloween kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread