3 weeks in and had a social smoke...hated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
Hi all...I'm really glad to have found this forum. I smoked cigs for 18 yrs, and eased myself onto the ecig 3 weeks ago. I wish I had done this years ago. I was in a social situation last week where a bar here actually allowed smoking in it (rare in this area), so I bummed a smoke from my social smoker friends. I hated it. It was a nice test. Even worse was the obvious reeking of my clothes when I got home. Glad to not look back.

i know what you mean. i'm a very light smoker. would often buy a pack every other month, but my habit during in college was pretty noticeable; a pack of nat shermans naturals with mint every two weeks. bought a pack of royals (last cig was during december of last year) while i was staying with some friends, good while drunk. yet, i also felt nasty and hated it. can't wait for my gear to come in.

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
Well I was a smoker for over 40 yrs with some breaks and I switched to vaping about 8 mths ago. I get asked do I miss the fags and I must say at times I reach for the heavier nic vape but I am never tempted back to smokes as I do remember how foul taste some/most of them had. I just love the range of ELiquids and the very pleasant flavours, the ability to blend up a beautiful mixture to vape and if I tire of one just switch to another. No I don't miss the 'fags' and I sure don't miss the terrible smell that accompanies smokers. My laundry bill halved!!! :)
Cheers and vape on!!

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
i don't think a social smoke is the way to go. it sort of puts u back to day one in your smoking cessation plan. if i was an alcoholic?, sober for three weeks, and i took a social drink?, that would be called a relapse. in the course of my day when i get the urge for an analog, i chain vape 8 to 10 pulls, and the urge is gone. hydrate, watch your triggers, stay strong, and avoid negative people that don't understand what it is like to try to quit. as for those being afraid of this issue. to steal the old cliche.

FEAR has two meanings. Forget Everything And Run., or Face Everything And Rise.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I had a similar occaision around the same time frame when I started vaping...

I was using eGo's at the time and the battery I had died on me so I bummed a smoke... I took one drag off the thing and was horrified that I ever smoked at all... It was straight disgusting...

I haven't had another one since... They are just nasty now...

So, these days, 3 months later, I no longer consider myself a smoker, as I am repulsed by cigaretted... I'm now a vaper, and I love it :)

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I'm actually amazed I haven't had a single cig in 1 month and a week. I did however try to bum one on my birthday two weeks in while I was drinking but thankfully no one smoked. My Dad (who switched to vaping 9 months ago from 2 PAD 40+years) still has an occasional cig, and every time he doesn't enjoy it and says "That sucks, doesn't taste like chocolate." I told him I wanted one a few times in the first 3 weeks and he always said "Go try one, you'll hate it." Haven't taken his advice but I like the attitude of some of the members here "It's not about the cigs you smoke, it's about the cigs you don't smoke."

Hope that helps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread