30 to 40 a day What Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I'm a cigar smoker myself, and each cigar has about an ounce of tabacco which equates to about 14-17 mg of nicotine per cigar (according to cancer.org). Granted that it doesn't hit you all at once, but if I smoke one or two cigars in a day, that's a lot of nicotine resulting in me having a high tolerance for nicotine.

Now that I vape way more than smoke stogies, I use 24mg juice and that gets me more than enough buzzed. So don't over do it. Spikey's suggestion to get varying levels is an excellent one!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I currently smoke between 30/40 cigs a day and was wondering what strength juice I should opt for to stave off the cravings.
I smoked a lot more than that and I agree with Kate. The number of people on the forums with problematic nic symptoms makes it clear that folks should start lower and move upward slowly and only if necessary.

Vaping 36mg eliquid is like smoking a cig a minute.

Get some low or zero for constant use and use a little high when you get cravings. If you constantly vape high you'll either get sick or raise your tolerance, then you'll need more for the same effect.

11mg is close to a cig puff for puff apparently.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
What is it you disagree with?

How many mg of nicotine do you reckon you're getting a day Breakfast?

Kate:

That is a good question; one that no one seems to be able to answer. There have been numerous discussions about how much nic we inhale with no specific answer. Considering primer puffs, puffs for the sake of puffing and real draws, it is anybody's guess.

In my case, I vape quite a bit. It would not be unusul for me to vape through 4-5 batteries a day. If my carts are well-filled, I guess I could consume 5-8/day. If the carts are poorly filled, I will top off quite frequently. You tell me how much I consume. I do not know. If the OP is a voracious smoker now, high nic liquid in an e-cig might satisfy that part of his/her addiction in the near term. We can all eventually drop down our nic level much like nicotine replacement therapy guidelelines.

Last edited:
This goes without saying so let me say it anyway :p :
I think the strength of analog you were smoking is as important as the number of cig/day.

I started out smoking Marlboro Reds back in the day and smoked a pack a day. When I quit analogs I was smoking "Ultralights" but I was smoking two to sometimes 3 packs a day.

I started out on high carts but they gave me a headache two hours in. Now, if I vape anything more than 11mg over the course of the day I get to feeling pretty crappy, although I do use a few drops of 16mg in the AM and I try to taper down to 0 by night time.

However, I'm still not sure 36mg "straight up" is a good idea for anyone. Just be careful, you'll find your "groove". Better to go through 2 bottles of low juice to start with than to OD on the high.

(My opinion...your results will vary.)

Edit: oooooo.....spooky $ amount in my banner:shock::evil:

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I can't work out what dose you're taking by how many batteries you go through Breakfast. Maybe a total of how many ml of which strength would help.

While we can't be certain that vaping gives us more nicotine than cigarettes I'm pretty convinced by the number of overdose stories I've heard.

Some people get sick and some develop tolerance. Why take more than you need to replace your smoking habit? It's a vaso constrictor, high doses are thought to be harmful. Developing tolerance and dependence is unnecessary for effect, you just need more and more nic for the same effect.

Really smart people work out how to get all the good effects from low doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread