30 years of cigs, finally made the switch. Help!? with a 2nd device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will try and keep it short. 30 years smoking, tried everything from Chantix (only 3-days, almost killed me), patches, gum, etc, 12 days ago made the switch to an ecig. So far going really well. I usually research endlessly on everything, but ended up reading the forum for just a few hours one night, and the "Innokin Kroma A with Zenith tank" kept popping up, so that's what I went with (and a few bottles of 12mg juice/2 packs att's). Working great so far. But now I'm worried if I lose or break it without having a back-up on hand I will go rite out a grab a pack of smokes, so thinking I need another device around. Since I smoked, I thought I would vape "Mouth to Lung", but oddly find myself directly inhaling most puffs (!?!??!). I'm still trying to learn and figure out all the lingo (ohms, temps, salts, sub-this, titanium that, you get the idea). Anyway, hoping someone can recommend a 2nd device that might be a bit more suited for DTL (or hand-off the 2nd spot to the Kroma). Impressed with the build quality and attention to detail with the Innokin, maybe something like the "innokin proton plex"?, or is that a bit more/too complicated for such a new vaper? Any other suggestions? By the way, this forum likely just added years to my lifespan. TY

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Congratulations on giving up the cigarettes. I was also a long time smoker who tried everything you listed to quit, thankfully tried vaping. I'm also a direct lung (DL) vaper and started out with a kit as my first device and tank.

I'm not familiar with Innokin, but I can tell you that rewarding yourself with a good device is worth it. As long as the device is regulated and has power mode it shouldn't be too complicated for you, there are extras on devices that a lot of people don't use. I'd only caution that if you're going to buy a kit with a sub ohm tank, make sure either the coils are readily available or it is compatible with coils from other brands.

Welcome and good luck!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Congrats on making the switch. A second device is a must, as you don't want to be tempted back this early because your battery ran down or you dropped it and it broke.

The easiest buy? Another of the same. Interchangeable parts and you already know how it works and that you like it. If you as t something else the Proton is a very good choice. The mesh coils reportedly perform well (sorry no personal experience with it so I can't totally vouch for it). I do have the Proton mod itself. Excellent little 2 battery mod, easy to operate, and you can place just about any tank on it and it will work just fine.

It does have lots of features, but there's no rule you need to use any of them. You can just turn it on set tgevpower/wattage and vape away. Down the road if you want to test out the other functions you can, but no need right now. It is a simple and straightforward menu, so if you do decide to explore it's quite easy.

I'm sure others will pop in with other suggestions but the main thing is you have a setup right now that's working to keep you off the smokes, which is the most important thing.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Will try and keep it short. 30 years smoking, tried everything from Chantix (only 3-days, almost killed me), patches, gum, etc, 12 days ago made the switch to an ecig. So far going really well. I usually research endlessly on everything, but ended up reading the forum for just a few hours one night, and the "Innokin Kroma A with Zenith Tank" kept popping up, so that's what I went with (and a few bottles of 12mg juice/2 packs att's). Working great so far. But now I'm worried if I lose or break it without having a back-up on hand I will go rite out a grab a pack of smokes, so thinking I need another device around. Since I smoked, I thought I would vape "Mouth to Lung", but oddly find myself directly inhaling most puffs (!?!??!). I'm still trying to learn and figure out all the lingo (ohms, temps, salts, sub-this, titanium that, you get the idea). Anyway, hoping someone can recommend a 2nd device that might be a bit more suited for DTL (or hand-off the 2nd spot to the Kroma). Impressed with the build quality and attention to detail with the Innokin, maybe something like the "Innokin Proton Plex"?, or is that a bit more/too complicated for such a new vaper? Any other suggestions? By the way, this forum likely just added years to my lifespan. TY
I believe the mod that you're using now has an internal battery, the Proton would require 2 18650 batteries that you'd want to buy an external charger for. That's really not a big deal if you're comfortable with doing that, if you plan on being a long term vaper it's a very good small investment.

If it's an internal battery you're after I'll let others make the recommendation.
It also doesn't hurt to watch some reviews, Geekvape and Vaporesso both make good internal and external battery devices with tanks geared toward dl.

Last edited:

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Congrats, glad it's working. Very smart to get a backup. You will get lots of recommendations here, budget is going to be an obvious issue. Figure out what you're willing to spend, and shop around a bit, tons of good devices and tanks out there. Just don't wait too long, better to have a decent backup and not really need it than one slip and be looking at a broken tank and nothing to vape!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh as to batteries. A second mod with replaceable batteries is a good choice. Yes, you should buy an external charger, but unlike the Kroma, when the batteries run down you can swap in a freshly charged pair and keep going while the first set recharges. If you stick with vaping you'll mostly end up with replaceable battery mods as they're common and flexible, so the investment in a charger will be money well spent.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Will try and keep it short. 30 years smoking, tried everything from Chantix (only 3-days, almost killed me), patches, gum, etc, 12 days ago made the switch to an ecig. So far going really well. I usually research endlessly on everything, but ended up reading the forum for just a few hours one night, and the "Innokin Kroma A with Zenith Tank" kept popping up, so that's what I went with (and a few bottles of 12mg juice/2 packs att's). Working great so far. But now I'm worried if I lose or break it without having a back-up on hand I will go rite out a grab a pack of smokes, so thinking I need another device around. Since I smoked, I thought I would vape "Mouth to Lung", but oddly find myself directly inhaling most puffs (!?!??!). I'm still trying to learn and figure out all the lingo (ohms, temps, salts, sub-this, titanium that, you get the idea). Anyway, hoping someone can recommend a 2nd device that might be a bit more suited for DTL (or hand-off the 2nd spot to the Kroma). Impressed with the build quality and attention to detail with the Innokin, maybe something like the "Innokin Proton Plex"?, or is that a bit more/too complicated for such a new vaper? Any other suggestions? By the way, this forum likely just added years to my lifespan. TY
You might be finding yourself dtling more because you are feeling the need for more nic. You can keep doing that and buy a dtl back up , but you will find yourself vaping more and more juice and buying more coils. I think this happens a lot because
it's a bit harder to locate juices higher then 12, so a lot use it, but vape more and adapt to dtl for this reason. If you enjoy vaping dtl , then it's fine, but if you rather vape mtl, then perhaps increasing nic might get you back to puffing more like a cig, using less juice, less coils, less wattage, and less vapor intake. The stores won't like it however because they make more when folks start dtling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Congratulations on quitting!.. I was a 32 year smoker myself and quit so you can do this!

It's quite an accomplishment.. :) your doing great!

If you want a single battery device the GeekVape Aegis is awesome..

Geekvape AEGIS 100W Kit

And its on a sale at the link so you can get a kit shipped for under 50.... but if course you can buy one anywhere..

It's a single battery mod so you will like to get 2 of the Sony VTC6a from either Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery/cell distributor or from www.imrbatteries.com

And an xtar battery charger to go with them at either place is good..

That will set you up with a quality single battery device that will last, and the extra battery will allow you to charge one while the other is being used..

Good luck... that's just my advice but I wish you well no matter what you decide.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Congrats!! Their are many of us long-time smokers that have made the switch. It truly is a gift.

I have heard it and I have repeated it. We get back-ups for the back-ups. I did. I kept a complete spare system, juice included, in my car. I figured that I was always near my car. I just made a "Tupperware kit" with everything. No way was I going to permit an excuse to stop at a store for a cig fix.

I know all are touting yazoo stuff, but I just kept everything simple and focused on getting my Nic fix. Since my taste buds were all burnt from cigs I did not worry about taste. That comes in a couple of 5 months. I stuck to minty flavor because they were something that I could only really something that I could transferring that period.

Good luck!!

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Absolutely get a backup battery device! And a backup tank, too. :thumb:

Since you would like to try a DTL tank, consider the Geekvape Aegis Mini starter kit. Similar in power to the Innokin Kroma you have (80 watt chip and 2200 mah internal battery, but its built to be nearly indestructable (waterproof, shockproof, dustproof). It charges in about a half hour. It comes with the DTL sub0hm Cerberus tank, which is a very good tank.

GeekVape Aegis Mini with Cerberus Starter Kit
List Price: $69.99
Our Price: $54.99
star4.5.gif
(7)

I plan to give my daughter the Aegis Mini with Innokin Zenith tank (both are sold separately) for Christmas because she is a low wattage MTL vaper.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread