Not open for further replies.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Hey all,

I've been using a 306 with my Joye 510 for a little while (usually dipping) and it's been great. I just got a 510 and I'm not sure if its related but all of the sudden both 306 attys taste like crap! My joye 510 atty is still great and I even tried taking the wick and bridge out of the 306 but it still tastes funky. HELP!

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Anytime I've had an issue with bad tasting atty's, I boiled them for a few minutes in distilled water, then air-dried overnight.

On the rare occasion that didn't work, I soaked for a while in Crest Pro Health, then flushed with hot distilled water (near-boiling).

I've only ever used 510s, though. Don't know how applicable this might be to your situation.

You could have nasty buildup on the atty coil itself... the boil / soak should take care of that. No guarantees, though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the help! They tasted great until i tried them on my 3.7 pass thru. I dont know how that would cause them to taste bad but I had 2 taste funky. I think they got too hot maybe because my 510 tasted funky for a bit too. Then it got better, then it exploded lol. I wish there was a single "best" method for cleaning atomizers.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
i think you're right when you say they got too hot on the passthru. the damage done might not be reversible, especially for the lr atty

What could have been damaged though? Generally if something tastes bad its because there is nasty juice that needs to be burned off. Ill try a dry burn.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
306 (and type) attys are hard to kill. The only time I ever killed one, was when it got stuck in my drip tip and I pulled the whole thing into pieces.

That said: I have ruined 510 attys with bad juices (tainted them.. so that the flavor never was the same).

Now.. let me ask you this: the 3.7 batty.. you mean like an Ego? Cuz I use my 306's on an Ego/Riva ALL the time.. it actually is a great way to simulate high voltage vaping.. using a 306/compatible on an Ego/compatible.

So.. next question: where you using a different type of juice? (color/flavor/vg, etc)

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Hmmm this just doesnt seem right. I'm doing the highping dry burn method which usually works great but its just not working. Im now onto my 4th rinse and dry burn since it started tasting funky. The weird thing is that the LR 510 did taste funky for a bit, than it cleared up, than it exploded. All of this happened after the pass thru. I just dont understand how a 3.7 pass thru could be doing this....

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Ya I it's hard to believe its burned out though because it still gets a red element and they are both BRAND new. This just doesn't make sense... I've read for hours and as far as I know the only thing that causes bad taste in attys is burnt juice and there is definitely none of that. I've done the highping dry burn like 5 times now.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'd try something else then. Personally.. I don't use that method for cleaning. I tried it a couple times.. but really didn't appeal to me. I put mine in a big pot with a touch of water.. some PGA .. some lemon juice.. and then pour boiling water over them several times during an afternoon... Pour.. stirr.. let sit.. repeat. Then air dry and prime and voila! Good as new!

Stu

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Queens, NY
The dry burn has always worked great for me. I'm convinced its not juice build up.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot that you had mentioned that. This might sound stupid but have you tried flooding it? Sometimes if I get that taste I'll flood it a little and then lightly blow it out and go from there. Plus I find that, at least with the LR 306, I get better taste if it's very close to flooded anyway. Sorry I couldn't help you out more! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread