306 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
I use my 306 atty on my Protege so I've never used it on a standard battery. I'm thinking about getting a 306 kit for a relative as an introduction to vaping.
I've got a couple questions if y'all don't mind.

1. Are the 306 batteries sensitive to noise and wind like the 401?
2. How long do they last?
3. Does it work with a cart or are carts a total waste of time?
4. They have a 15-20 min commute to work, would a cart last that long? I don't think they could dip & drive in traffic.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I use my 306 atty on my Protege so I've never used it on a standard battery. I'm thinking about getting a 306 kit for a relative as an introduction to vaping.

4. They have a 15-20 min commute to work, would a cart last that long? I don't think they could dip & drive in traffic.

I wonder how many folks use the 306 atomizer but have no experience with the batteries? Judging from the response and other posts I would guess there are quite a few. Personally I have never even seen a 306 battery. I have ordered blank carts to us the mouth pieces and they are pretty much just like 401 carts. Maybe a little bigger but still a little cup recessed in the mouth piece. I actually dip and drive all the time. I just wait until a straight run or a stop light and hold my contact case and the steering with one hand. Hold the mouth piece with my teeth and dip. Probably not the safest thing but it works for me.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy

They don't seem especially sensitive, though I haven't field-tested them in a variety of conditions or anything.
They last a bit shorter than the 510 manuals (my only point of comparison). Fortunately the 510 PCC charges them!

Carts with the 306 are a pain, IMO. I dip. Dipping, if you leave the bridge in the liquid for 10-20 seconds, saturates it enough for a good part of your commute, but not all. I think you'd have to dip 2, maybe 3 times depending on how frequently you're drawing on it.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I have 4 automatic 306 batteries that came with a starter pack. 2 starter packs actually. They do have a 3 second cutoff, but can be easily manipulated by doing some primer puffing like you would an analog before a big toke, they also have a hole in the automatic batteries, which makes drip/dip a no-no due to battery damage. I have purchased a 510 manual and been using that ever since I have 4 brand new automatic 510/306 batts just sitting here. After going manual, i can never go back to automatic since i love long 4-5 second vapehales.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have 4 automatic 306 batteries that came with a starter pack. 2 starter packs actually. They do have a 3 second cutoff, but can be easily manipulated by doing some primer puffing like you would an analog before a big toke, they also have a hole in the automatic batteries, which makes drip/dip a no-no due to battery damage. I have purchased a 510 manual and been using that ever since I have 4 brand new automatic 510/306 batts just sitting here. After going manual, i can never go back to automatic since i love long 4-5 second vapehales.
Hmmmmmm, I've been using a 306 for almost 6 months & have never had a problem with the auto battery,except the short charge. I have no cutoff,they will stay on for as long as I want,still using the batts that came with the kit. Maybe you got some funky batts. I also have a 306a & no cutoff with those batts. They just don't last very long,like 45 minutes. Only have had 1 atty go down out of both kits.
I still use my 510's when I'm out & about,but if I'm at home,I mainly use my 306.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Hmmmmmm, I've been using a 306 for almost 6 months & have never had a problem with the auto battery,except the short charge. I have no cutoff,they will stay on for as long as I want,still using the batts that came with the kit. Maybe you got some funky batts. I also have a 306a & no cutoff with those batts. They just don't last very long,like 45 minutes. Only have had 1 atty go down out of both kits.
I still use my 510's when I'm out & about,but if I'm at home,I mainly use my 306.

Thats interesting. I have 2 306 batts, and both of them cut off at 3-4 second mark, if i prime and puff a little bit i can get more of a hit, but i'm always cut off at the 3-4 second mark and either have to inhale, or hold the smoke in my lungs and take a follow up hit to get the full effect. Maybe its the same battery, but made differently? Anyway, i'm enjoying the manuals because i can take a nice 8 second vape and really get some good flavr

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I have six 510 auto batts & only one had that quick cut off. It was from my 1rst 510 kit & Parker replaced it. I know most people like the manuals better,but I still like the auto's best. Different strokes.
Cheers,
NB

thats interesting how diff batts are acting. mine were joy306 automatics (white batteries) and literally would only give me a 3 second drag, all 3 or 4 of them. it was horrible, maybe they were an early version of Joy with a cutoff? i did purchase them a while ago, about a year ago when this was more of a fun hobby than a lifestyle choice. cheers :)

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got to say,I've been pretty lucky in that aspect. All but 2 of my 510 starter kits & extra parts have come from different suppliers here on the forum. Both my 306 & 306A, a 302 & two 510 kits came direct for Joye as samples, along with samples of most of their E-liquid. This was apparently after they changed juice suppliers,cuz I didn't like any of it. My biggest frustration has been with E-liquid. Finally found DIY Flavor Shack & have been pleased with all that I've gotten from Dawn.
Anyway, I done with analogs & that's what counts.

LLOTEK

Feb 17, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Ya I got the 306A and was great for the first couple days, now I only get about 45 minutes per battery, charging now only takes about 45 minutes also, from the 3 hours it originally took, 2 weeks ago. Im happy with everything else, but know I will ahve to buy more batteries as these ones are bound to die on me withing the first 2 months of use..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread