306 fit 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
i have a 510, with the PCC

i want an auto battery, and heard that the 306 fit the 510. battery life isnt a big deal, i just want one battery thats smaller/automatic to smoke in the car (i drive a stick so the buttons annoying when driving, though its awesome when lounging outside with a little wind)

so, i was wondering if a 306 battery would fit my 510 attys and PCC case, thanks! :D

if they dont.. lemme know what would fit

if nothing fits, where can i get a 510 auto battery that works well, i've heard they're finnicky.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
It depends what 306 battery you use.

The 306 charges in the PCC, the 306a does not.

With my 306a, which is 89mm, I put one of the rubber cart tops on the ash cap end so the lid of the PCC holds it down to charge when the case is closed. The 306, which is 98mm, fits perfectly in the charger without any modifcation.

I'd be careful using the 306 atty with the manual 510 battery. I blew one out after a few 5 second draws.

BTW- Electronicstix has the shorter 306a batteries in stock.

Last edited:

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
awesome! i'll probably just use 306 batteries from now on then if they're significantly smaller. the 510 batt is a bit too long for me, but damn does the atty/cartridge setup make a ton of vapour/flavour!

will the 306 charge in my 510 PCC?

The 306a (89mm unit) will not charge in the PCC .Too short, unless you can rig something up. Maybe a small wooden dowel? But the 306 will fit (longer). These days you take your chances with any automatic battery. They're like a time bomb waiting to go off. I still have one 306a battery left from my very first starter kit and I forgot just how quick they run out of power! But boy that baby put out some vapor for it's size. That's the reason I moved away from the 306a in the first place. Horrible battery life.

Now I've got two 306 attys on the way (hopefully tomorrow) to use with the 510 manual batteries and I'll be getting a 510 auto battery next (a rare commodity, but heaven-gifts still has 'em). 306a batteries are nearly impossible to get your hands on.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. It's not very often you hear the 510 being called too big! It's enough to make a pen style blush! :oops:

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
yeah, i had a blu originally - kinda spoiled on the small size i guess. i dont mind the size, but the button is driving me crazy. my smoking "mannerisms" don't include holding it when taking a drag, and it kinda ruins the experience for me (i smoke non-nic so its more the act of smoking i like)

i found these: JOYE306 Battery Matte Black

those are just "306" not "306a" so i'll order them soon, i'll be using 510 atty/cartridge setup with these batteries.

i just read that these have a 2 second cutoff, is this true? my blu had no cutoff time, maybe i just need to adjust to a manual battery, or do 510 automatics not have a cutoff?

Last edited:

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
i just read that these have a 2 second cutoff, is this true? my blu had no cutoff time, maybe i just need to adjust to a manual battery, or do 510 automatics not have a cutoff?

I can't tell if my 306 and 306a have a cut-off.

I've drawn on both the batteries and sometimes I get a 6 second draw and sometimes a 3. The LED doesn't flash to indicate a cut-off on either.

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
I can't tell if my 306 and 306a have a cut-off.

I've drawn on both the batteries and sometimes I get a 6 second draw and sometimes a 3. The LED doesn't flash to indicate a cut-off on either.
awesome, i ordered the 306 batts, i don't take more than a 2-3 sec drag unless im trying to get a ton of vapour anyway :p

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
yeah, i had a blu originally - kinda spoiled on the small size i guess. i dont mind the size, but the button is driving me crazy. my smoking "mannerisms" don't include holding it when taking a drag, and it kinda ruins the experience for me (i smoke non-nic so its more the act of smoking i like)

i found these: JOYE306 Battery Matte Black

those are just "306" not "306a" so i'll order them soon, i'll be using 510 atty/cartridge setup with these batteries.

When I started with the 306a I treated it like a cigarette. Even tapped it over the ashtray without thinking. But the little bugger got hot, so I started holding it by the end and like of smoked it like a huka pipe. With the 510 I'd sometime use my finger, but now I just use my thumb. For most 510 users, the felling is the same about the button... What button? After a while you forget it's there and press it without thinking.

Having a usb PT gives even more of a huka feeling and it's just natural to lay it down and pick it up with my thumb automatically hitting the button. With the automatic there's more of a sense that you have to draw harder to keep the switch activated. When I used my 306a the other day I didn't know how to hold it. It's pretty small. But I couldn't get into that "holding a cigarette" groove any more. Guess I've been vaping too long!

--Prof Daffy
P.S. I ran over to cigtech's web site and he sells 306a automatic batteries. They're black but they're cheap.
P.P.S. I think mine had a 5 second cut off, but I usally can do more than 3 secs without doing a double inhale.
P.P.P.S. According to the heaven-gifts websiter on 510 automatics: The battery has no 5-second cutoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread