306 noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

incongruent

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Just got a 306a to compliment my 510. After the first couple of minutes I have the following questions/comments for your consideration.

1. the atomizer is small and exposed. Great for dipping I hear, although this wasn't my intention when I got it. I wanted a smaller, lighter ecig (and also simply a replacement for my burned out 510 attys). The 306 is all those things.

2. The cart is longer but the rest of the parts are smaller than the 510 resulting in an overall smaller unit. But how do you work with the cart filler in there? If the cart is say 1.5inches and the stuffing is in the bottom 0.3 inches of the cart, how do you refill it and how do you take it out/put it back in? Is there an easy way? Maybe this is a simple question.

3. Is it me? or does the atomizer get really hot really quick? I connected the 306atomizer and cart to the 510 pass through and after a couple of 4 second hauls it is really warm even through the plastic.

4. How do you lay the atomizer out to dry? It doesn't seem easy to rest it on its end on a paper towel like you do with the 510

Last edited:

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
You have discovered why people who like carts aren't big fans of exposed atomizers. Exposed atomizers mean recessed carts and vice versa. Exposed atomizers are great for dipping, but the recessed cart is a hassle. In a nut shell, the best way to deal with it is to poke a paper clip through the hole in the mouth piece and push the inner cart up to top off. If you are replacing filler or filling it fresh it is better to push the inner cart all the way out. The best way yet is push the inner cart out and throw it away and find a contact lens case and dip to your hearts content. As you can tell I am an avowed hater of carts but if you want to use them the video on re-filling a 401 cart is probably your best resource (or the link on dipping).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../7156-re-stuffing-re-filling-m-401-carts.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/m-401-402-mini-m403-super-mini/8065-dont-drip-dip.html

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Just got a 306a to compliment my 510. After the first couple of minutes I have the following questions/comments for your consideration.

1. the atomizer is small and exposed. Great for dipping I hear, although this wasn't my intention when I got it. I wanted a smaller, lighter ecig (and also simply a replacement for my burned out 510 attys). The 306 is all those things.

2. The cart is longer but the rest of the parts are smaller than the 510 resulting in an overall smaller unit. But how do you work with the cart filler in there? If the cart is say 1.5inches and the stuffing is in the bottom 0.3 inches of the cart, how do you refill it and how do you take it out/put it back in? Is there an easy way? Maybe this is a simple question.

3. Is it me? or does the atomizer get really hot really quick? I connected the 306atomizer and cart to the 510 pass through and after a couple of 4 second hauls it is really warm even through the plastic.

4. How do you lay the atomizer out to dry? It doesn't seem easy to rest it on its end on a paper towel like you do with the 510

The problem with the exposed atomizer is that only the tip touches the filler so you get poor draw and inconsistent vapor. And the cart is so small it's hardly worth taking the time to fill it. Dripping provides better flavor and vapor. I was not happy with my 306a (my first e-cig) until I started dripping and then everything changed.

It's the heat that supplies the great vapor so it's kind of a trade off.

The 306 and most open atomizer designs are the same but different. Just like once you know what to do with a 901 the 510 has the same principles.

IGETCHA did a great video on tips and tricks for the EVOLUTION that proved invaluable for my 306a and later with my DSE103.

YouTube - EVOlution E-CIG USER TIPS AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE

Hope that helps.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. How I dealt with the cartridges was to not use them. The best part of a good dripping PV is that it's got no learning curve. A few drops and your good to go. No filler, no cutting up tea bags and only one part to clear really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread