306's don't like my Cannon DT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
I have 3 different Cannon Drip tips and they all seem to be doing the same thing to my 306's. (especially Joye's.) I always unscrew the connection after I'm done using it if I'm on the go and I try not to "Young Man" it and over tighten the threads or push down to hard on the base of the cannon but when I try to take off the DT from the atty THIS ----->. Resampled_2012-01-25_04-24-40_135.jpg happens A LOT which kinda sucks..

Anyone had this problem before and if so what have you found to stay away from it? I was thinking of shaving off the inside of the cannon a little bit so it wouldn't be so tight but was afraid it might affect the performance or just fall off even with the slightest modification to it. Hope I put this in the right section of the forum. Any words will help. Thanks

Last edited:

UncleDagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
NW Indiana, USA
I almost exclusively use CherryVape Cannon drip tips and have not experienced the problem you mention. Primarily use them with LR Joye 306's but also with MA306's. Honestly, what I would do is clean the cannon tip with a little vodka or alcohol and make sure the inside is good and dry. Make sure the sides of your atty are nice and dry as well, then put the cannon on the atty. You wont have to push it down as far to get a tight seal. I have a junk mod that I screw my atty into when I need to remove the cannon. I also use a twist and pull motion to get the tip off. If you pull straight up you are more likely to have this issue I would think.

Here is a pic of the setup I'm using today. This tip is on a Joye 306 and is about 3 months old. They sit much higher on the MA 306's.

c68e621f.jpg

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
It just happened to me recently with my DCA. Now I try not to push the cannon down on to the 306 too hard. When i push the tip over the 306 I push just until i feel it stop and no further. Sometimes the atty being lubricated from juice helps you get the tip off, but it can also have an adverse effect and it allows the tip to be pushed on too far!!

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
i agree, i use cisco and joye 306s too. ive never had this happen to me but can see how it could. i put my cannon on before it goes on my reo. i place it on to where its just slightly snug. when i remove it i take it off my reo first then use a pair of bent tip needlenose pliers to gently grab the atty just above the threads and give a small twist and they come off perfect.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Thanks for the responses guys. I had a couple bad starts with some brand new Cisco 306's and instantly stuck with the Joye's. I got my new Cisco's in though so they seem to not have as "snug" of a fit with the Cannons as the Joye's do.

Plus you guys have a great point about juices possibly gunking up on the sides of the atty and making it pretty much bond enough to it to cause a problem. Even if I do clean em up I tend to leave the atty connected to my cannons. I'll keep everything you guys posted in mind now. Thanks for your feedback:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread