32 Gauge Kanthal A-1 on Ebay (8.10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
Sold out, but this looks like a better deal for 32 gauge, depending on what they charge for s/h. I hadn't heard of tank Ecigs before. Anyone have any experience with them, good, bad, or ugly?

Sold out? It says they have 1973 in stock. I want to buy but i am also wanting some feedback.

rekeybobby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
new york
im vaping it right now my only problem is they show this picture of all the resistance wire but when you get it .it on this tiny little spool there is 100 ft on here but just looks small but shipping was quick and if i use all of this will order again
Sold out? It says they have 1973 in stock. I want to buy but i am also wanting some feedback.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I just ordered some 30 ga resistance wire on eBay. 100 ft for $5 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Kanthal A resistance wire 30 AWG, 100 ft

Hope I added that link correctly...

I hope it works out for you. The usually recommended 32 gauge KA-1 stuff is I think around 45 ohms per meter; your 30 gauge, 28 Ω/m. If you traditionally wrap 4-turn coils, this stuff might require 6 to get the same resistance you're used to. It might be a little springier since it's a little thicker as well. If it's a pain to manipulate, season it in a flame to make it less springy.

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
im vaping it right now my only problem is they show this picture of all the resistance wire but when you get it .it on this tiny little spool there is 100 ft on here but just looks small but shipping was quick and if i use all of this will order again

Alright thanks will be ordering in the next few days. :vapor::thumbs:

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I hope it works out for you. The usually recommended 32 gauge KA-1 stuff is I think around 45 ohms per meter; your 30 gauge, 28 Ω/m. If you traditionally wrap 4-turn coils, this stuff might require 6 to get the same resistance you're used to. It might be a little springier since it's a little thicker as well. If it's a pain to manipulate, season it in a flame to make it less springy.

I know it's a bit heavier wire but was hoping I could make it work since the price is so low. This will actually be my first try making coils so we'll see how it goes and will get the smaller 32 or 34 ga wire if needed.

I see you're in Johnson City, TN which ironically enough I was visiting this past weekend. I bought this wire within a couple hours after getting back home to SC the other night! Beautiful part of the country it is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread