Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I've decided to try my hand at re-wicking the Nova 2.5 heads - it looks more than simple enough. However, most people are building 2.0 - 2.2 ohm coils and I'd prefer to stay up around 2.8 ohms or so. I'm thinking 5-6 wraps of 34 awg would get me in the neighborhood, but no experience to know, so...

• Does my guess sound reasonable? It seems like I'll need smaller than 32 awg to get the resistance I want.
  • If so, where can I find 34 gauge (a USA source)? So far I'm not finding it anywhere in reasonable quantities (I don't want to buy a half mile of the stuff to experiment with).
  • Seems like most are using A or A-1, but D is easier to find. I think the primary difference is the aluminum content. Any thoughts on using Kanthal-D for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'm using 34 awg Kanthal D. I don't know A, A-1 or D make much difference than some small differences in the resistance of each. I wind 4 to 6 turns around a wick in a Smoktech Rebuildable Atty. I get between 3 and 4 Ohms. Your results may vary. It ultimately depends on the total length of resistance wire. That total lenght can depend on wick size and how loose/tight the coil on the wick may be. Some also wind coils in a bit of an oblong wrap to obtain a little longer coil.

XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
New Mexico
Ive found 34 awg kanthal a-1 super hard to find and heard the kanthal d tastes horrible, so im using 34 awg nichrome 80 with zero iron in it which is plentifull out there. I actually like it alot better then kanthal i think it tastes better because kanthal has iron in it and i have sensitive taste buds....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread