36 hours to charge 3 16850 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
6 weeks I bought my first external battery mod. A reuleaux Gen 3. I love the performance of the machine. Previously used a Rx mini 80 watt and was very happy. I wanted a little more hence the Gen 3. A beast more power than I need however I like to show off a bit and the clouds with the Gen and my dead rabbit with dual twisted 26's at about .04 ohms is pretty darn okay. So here is the deal. New mod, new Samsung 18650's, new Avatar Digicharger. 36 hours to charge to 4.2 volts? Can charge via usb in fraction of time but gets pretty warm and not recomended by Wismec. External charge strongly advised. So at a slow .5 it is taking a very long time and for whatevet reason charger will not set for higher amp charging. I know slow is better but 36 hours seeme excesive. B&M store where I made my purchase already replaced charger for new one and no improvments. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Efest LUC v4 chargers can do 1.0A charging across 4 bays or 2.0A across 2 bays.

You could also get more sets of batteries. One set charged and ready, one set charging and one set in the device.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Costal Cowboy states " no agression man" a little ofended I am by that remark looking for advice from those with more experience. Not an evaluation of my gramatic aptitude. Just looking for viable options. Any help appreciated.
If I haven't already welcomed you to ecf, then welcome. I am a bit confused by this? I did not see where in his post that Coastal Cowboy said anything like this? If you are referring to under his avatar pic, its not directed at any one person, but the FDA. You will find he is one of the most helpful and nice people here.

I have an xtar 4 bay charger that will charge at higher rates. The 1st and the 4th bay(if the 2nd and 3rd bays are empty). Once a battery is placed in the 2nd or 3 bay it reverts to 0.5 for all 4 of the bays.

:)

eta
also want to say it is always good practice to have a set or three of batteries as backups.....you just never know when they will be needed. Plus you will always have batteries ready when it comes time to change the ones in the mod so the anxiety level of waiting to vape is eliminated.

Last edited:

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
If I haven't already welcomed you to ecf, then welcome. I am a bit confused by this? I did not see where in his post that Coastal Cowboy said anything like this? If you are referring to under his avatar pic, its not directed at any one person, but the FDA. You will find he is one of the most helpful and nice people here.

I have an xtar 4 bay charger that will charge at higher rates. The 1st and the 4th bay(if the 2nd and 3rd bays are empty). Once a battery is placed in the 2nd or 3 bay it reverts to 0.5 for all 4 of the bays.

eta
also want to say it is always good practice to have a set or three of batteries as backups.....you just never know when they will be needed. Plus you will always have batteries ready when it comes time to change the ones in the mod so the anxiety level of waiting to vape is eliminated.
Thank you very much for responding. I do have backup devices with internal batteries so it would be pretty difficult to be stuck without something to Vape on. Maybe my expectations are just too high from these batteries in this charger it just seems to be an awfully long time and I wonder if it's actually safe

Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I always charge my 18650's with an external charger at 0.5 Amps and it only takes a few hours. I don't recall exactly how long, but it's not anything like your situation. I'm currently using 3000 mAh batteries and I think yours are 2500 - so yours should charge more quickly. I would say that your charger is junk just going by what you've said in this thread. I would bring it back to the shop, explain what is happening, and demand a refund. Then go buy a different charger. I use the Efest LUC 4.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Only came with usb I bought a wall block. A good one.
36 hours sounds like a really long time to charge the batteries. What charger is it? Can you find who makes it or what its called. I have always used chargers that have the plug in the wall version and mine do not take anywhere near that amount of time. The R25's are good batteries as long as they are authentic and not rewraps. I think that is why another poster also suggested getting new ones from a reputable vendor like imrbatteries and there are a few others that fail to come to mind at the moment.

As it stands right now, I am thinking the charger is the problem. I would start first with just trying to fix one part of the problem, ie. charger and see how it performs. If they batteries still take that long to charge then new batteries are next on the list, altho like I said having back up batteries are a good thing, and samsung's are what about $4-5 dollars a piece?

Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery

Here they are $4.50 and a 20 amp battery.

The battery charger I have is a 4 bay xtar VP4.

I am just throwing suggestions out there to give you an idea on where to start looking. I am by no means affiliated with the vendor(s) listed, just a reg user like everyone else.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
36 hours is stupid long time to charge.

I have several chargers at home and a few hours is all it takes.

My most recent charger can charge at 300, 500, 700 or 1000mA, can refresh batteries and can charge up to 4 batteries at a time. It's not as expensive as my other charger but I like it a lot more. At $30 its a deal.

Zanflare C4 Universal battery charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07428G1G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread