3ml Glass Tank With Chrome Metal END CAPS! from theecig.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HI All

Last 2 weeks i browse through and just looking if there is a PYREX tank that can compete with what i have own like the phiniac or the designer tanks. So i though i give it a try on theecig.com pyrex 3ml tank.

Anyone using this tank? i got this tank yesterday and try to work with a boge 3.0 regular size cartomizer. After punching the carto using a punching tool. I am very disappointed when inserting the carto in. It insert well until it reaches the hole then i need to use all my strength to get it in or out( i think when punching time the edge of the carto somehow going square a bit). Anyone has the same issue? is there any workaround? I already think that i need to throw this away or i need some dct carto i guess..but i hate dct carto's.. lol

Just a note: The build quality is excellent, the metal caps are like DCT tanks end caps just larger a bit which i am not liking it. I like the end caps to be silicone or stainless steel i mean proper one's like the phiniac stainless end caps.

Give me some though what i should do to the tank?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
After punching the carto using a punching tool. I am very disappointed when inserting the carto in. It insert well until it reaches the hole then i need to use all my strength to get it in or out( i think when punching time the edge of the carto somehow going square a bit). Anyone has the same issue? is there any workaround? I already think that i need to throw this away or i need some dct carto i guess..but i hate dct carto's.

Seems from your description that your main issue is getting the cartomizer tube to go thru the endcaps of the tank. It also seems like the self-punched carto is warped, or deformed, to the point that it will no longer pass thru the endcaps.

Will an unpunched carto pass thru the endcap hole? If yes, then my guess that the punched carto is warped is correct. If not, then perhaps the cartos that you are trying to use do not have the correct diameter to be used with those endcaps.

You didn't happen to mention what carto punch tool that you use. I didn't see any for sale on the ecig website. You mentioned having Phiniac tanks. Their website sells a very nice carto punch from what I remember (last time I visited that website looking for that tool they were out of stock). If you happen to have that tool, you should be able to punch your cartos without warping them.

Some carto punches are better than others. You see, what can happen is the carto cylinder, or tube, can get bent from the action of the punch piercing it. If it gets too deformed, it won't pass thru the tank endcap's holes. I've had this happen to me, and unfortunately there isn't a way that I know of to repair the carto enough for it to work. The better carto punch tools available hold more of the carto within it, preventing it from deforming or getting too bent for it to pass thru the endcaps.

You may need to get one of these better carto punches, or get your replacement cartos prepunched from a distributor who sells those.

From what I could see from the pics on ecigs, that should be a pretty nice tank. If you don't like those particular endcaps on your tank, they may be able to sell you another endcap type to your liking. From what you are describing, I don't think the endcaps are your problem, but that your carto punch tool deformed your carto.

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm using from the phiniac.com carto punching tools. Yes you are right somehow the carto become square a bit rather than round. 1 hole punch and i'm not able to get it through. if 2 or 3 hole there is a way to do it but very hassle a bit like i need a hammer and inserting the carto from up and without the upper endcaps being place. After i fill in the tank then i insert the upper cap. I have no issue with the phiniac tank though. 1,2,3 or 4 hole it get through just fine. I try to ask them if i maybe can buy a delrin cap so i can mod it a bit or maybe no problem at all. Anyways i'm still using but i need to prefilled it from home. This is the only tank i have that i need to do that. Im using 5 phinac tank no issue, 3 bigdaddyvapor no issue and the designer tank i have no issue. All in all still a working tank.u

About the carto you mentioned if it is from dct pre punch or any carto pre punch nicely and round shape it has no issue to go through. I like boge so i find it hard after i punch using the carto puncher from phiniac to get it in.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been using the carto punch tool by Phiniac. It had been working very well for me, but lately I've begun having the same problem as you with the warping of the cartos, making insertion and removal of punched cartos difficult thru the endcaps. I suspect that the punch point has become dull, and instead of making a clean hole, it has dulled and is bending the cartos while it makes an adequate enough hole.

I share your frustration. If I don't find a solution, I may end up needing to buy the prepunched cartos that are double or triple pre-punched (drilled).

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
for what its worth, I gave up on my tank for all the above issues...warped cartos, bad fit, etc etc. A few weeks later I decided to try slotting instead to take another shot at my tank...voila! It couldnt be any easier...takes 10 seconds with a dremel and they fit and feed perfect every time! I even made a little jig to line up the slot/cut without having to measure anymore. I'm telling you, try it...far easier and perfect every time! I'm so glad as I ended up loving the tank setup... w/ Boge LRs or Resurrectors it's my daily staple.

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
PS: and it works for any juice...if its gonna have VG, you just cut the slot a little longer.

Since going to slotting them myself I've had none that flooded, nor any that wouldnt feed enough no matter the juice. And with Boges at almost 90cents per delivered vs paying crazy $ for pre punched? its a no brainer for me!

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Badtitude - yup i bought a new carto punch same model since i also though the punch point is done . A vaper from LA when i was there recently he showed me how to. He mention that for this tank we cannot make a large hole on it as it will be hard to put it in. So after you hear the pop sound just do 1 more turn and i was suprise that the carto can go in but not easy but is ok.. not using your full strength. I agree with him as he advise that only use staright PG or 50/50 juice. Its been working out so far

Green Mtn Vpr - yeah i agree with you but my stubborn head was saying "just try it". I love the surge tank though but when i bring it outside a lot of eyes are looking at it. Try that for a month at the smoking lobby i got a guy eyeing on it for quit a bit and at last he surrender and ask " what the fruit your are smoking man" :D. I will try to slot the carto but not sure the width etc etc.. will look it up in youtube.. Thanks for the idea

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread