The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

4 Hole - 510 Bridgeless Atomizer

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Taps, Oct 25, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Taps

Taps Full Member

Any one tried these from Vaporgeek (www.vaporgeek.com)? Want to try my hand at dripping and it's tough to make a decision where to start. VaporChase had a positive review, but can't find any long term opinions on them. Trying to stick to what Vaporgeek is supplying since I'd like to try some of their juice at the same time.

2. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I just got four of these in the mail today, I've been attempting to drip with them and failing horribly, but I think that user error is to blame..

3. Taps

Taps Full Member

Doesn't leave much hope for me. Lol. Won't be home for two weeks so I don't have to order anything till next week. Let me know how it works (or not) if you don't mind. Did you order a drip shield from them as well?

4. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
  5. Taps

Taps Full Member

Thanks Jables. Love his reviews and always good for a chuckle.

6. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Damn someone already linked Vaporchase's video, I just watched that yesterday. :p

I hate dripping and I always have, so my opinion isn't out of great experience.

I also haven't used the 4 hole atomizer, but I've use the 3 hole. In my opinion, they work better in that there are less obstructions to get in the way of juice and vapour. However on the downside, is that they take less juice and are less forgiving for flooding or dry hits, because you have less wicking material. If you're going with vaporgeek another alternative is just a good old joyetech atomizer or try both.

Dripshields are interesting, you should watch grimmgreen's video here; LET'S USE SOME DRIPSHIELDS - YouTube. vaporgeek has a couple of them and they're worth trying in my opinion; 510/901/808 Stainless Drip Shield but keep in mind with a 510 atomizer you need a 510-510 adapter generally - perferably one that's sealed; 510-510 SILVER E-CIG ADAPTER (SEALED) . You need the adapter to make the seal at the top of the atomizer and the bottom. The sealed connector should keep leaks out of your battery connection - which isn't the end of the world, because they are sealed on manual batteries, but still.

7. Taps

Taps Full Member

Thanks Chagrin. I remember watching that GrimmGreen video before, but it actually made sense this time now that I've been looking into the dripping atomizers. Thinking your right about getting a couple of Joyetech atomizers along with something else for comparisons as it seems the Joyetech 510 is always the base model standard.

8. Oriana871

Oriana871 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    I ordered one of these from Canvape, but it doesn't seem to be working for me - tight draw and little flavour. Has any one else had luck with them?

9. bidslayer

bidslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I've had the same issues as oriana871 with the 4 hole ones. I've always had s***-luck with atties in that sometimes they'd work like a charm but most times I just couldn't get them to work the way I wanted them to (awful flavour, dry hits, flooding, etc). A couple of months until I got my first phoenix rebuildable (probably a clone, but same principle) and that has been an eye opener. If you are okay with fiddling with tiny little screws and wrapping coils, it is definitely something I'd recommend.

10. Oriana871

Oriana871 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Thanks bidslayer. I just use attys for taste testing periodically, and the 4 Hole turned out to be a fail for me and I wouldn't reco them. Can't see myself getting into rebuildables at the moment, but I'm sure there's no comparison :).

11. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    On both the 3 hole and 4 hole attys, I had to drill out with a 1/16" bit the air holes next to the 510 connection. I don't like tight draws, so this helped with airflow and flavour (imo).

However, I've since just cut down a 1ml phoenix/firebird (just enough tube left to insert a drip tip, no middle air tube and no silicone seal) and drip directly onto the coil. Will handle about 4/5 drops before flooding, the vapor is nice, tastes fantastic, and can be rinsed, dried, dry burned and ready to vape in under a minute.

12. Taps

Taps Full Member

I really like the 4 hole atomizers so I guess it goes to show how subjective vaping preferences are. Admittedly I do like a tighter draw, but even with a drip shield I found the draw to be fine. No better or worse than than the 3 hole or Bauway's for flavor. The small juice capacity may be annoying to some, but it works for me to cut back on my chain vaping and old flavors seem to dissipate quicker when changing juice. One thing that I've really noticed is I have yet to get a bad dry hit, just a subtle change in flavor to indicate a refill.

Been using the same one for over 2 weeks now so maybe I've got a misfit? Guess I'll know when this one dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.