400W Box Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I find that the 260W capacity works well. But not to be compared with these new atomiser at 400W capacity is power wise. The battery life is commendable and I can comfortably use them without any worries.
Reading that hurt my brain this early

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Nono, it was some big color display on the front face of the device, so it must've been relatively new.
It's interesting from a novelty perspective, but one question.....WHY? I mean really, who on god's green earth is going to vape at that wattage? Wait, I know there will be those who try, I only ask that you please record for research purposes.

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
but one question.....WHY?
Evolv raised their max power to accommodate bigger coils for their replay mode. If you recorded a massive multi coil on the third draw and your coil is at -10°C because you're, let's say, in Canada then it will still be able to reproduce that draw (at least that's the idea). It'll only need the higher wattage for the fraction of a second so nobody really is vaping at 400W.

This "omg 400W who needs it" has been going on since they announced the 250c more than half a year ago and the explanation has been the same ever since.
200w.gif

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Evolv raised their max power to accommodate bigger coils for their replay mode. If you recorded a massive multi coil on the third draw and your coil is at -10°C because you're, let's say, in Canada then it will still be able to reproduce that draw (at least that's the idea). It'll only need the higher wattage for the fraction of a second so nobody really is vaping at 400W.

This "omg 400W who needs it" has been going on since they announced the 250c more than half a year ago and the explanation has been the same ever since.
200w.gif
That was a bit snarky. I should point out that I'm relatively new to vaping and this is the first time I've heard that explanation. Good info, bad delivery

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Why do I have this mental image of someone driving their rail job dragster to work? I get having enough power to do the job. Go figure. I wouldn't want it close to my face at high wattage considering the SMOK track record. That said, it probably yields good vape time at Tootle puffer wattage levels.

007-2016-hot-rod-reunion-bronge-funny-car-burnout.jpg

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The low wattage mtl wankery is strong on this forum

Please elaborate. I'm DL at sometimes higher wattage, but 400? Come on

1) Copy and paste a post into Word
2) Ctrl+F