401 Battery (auto and manual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Ok, I've convinced that one of my 401 batteries is way better than the other.

why? One produces vape that's ok, but not great. The other is phenomenal.

I got them both in my starter kit. I know batteries can vary, but this is like comparing 6v to 12v.

so my question is, can we get a stronger battery for the 401? and when/if the manual comes out for the 401, will it be a stronger battery or not?

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
There is some inconsistency in the batteries. And, sometimes they get better as you use em. Mine are just getting to peak and I've had it a week.

Check out the M401 Gold edition batteries at M401 Series Vaporizer. Only $11. Good service, very good prices, and fast shipping there. He also has a good price for 401 atty's.

As far as a manual battery goes, Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com is supposed to get some in soon. Not sure how long though. But it's also a good place to do business with.

Ez :)

Last edited:

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
There is some inconsistency in the batteries. And, sometimes they get better as you use em. Mine are just getting to peak and I've had it a week.

Check out the M401 Gold edition batteries at M401 Series Vaporizer. Only $11. Good service, very good prices, and fast shipping there. He also has a good price for 401 atty's.

As far as a manual battery goes, Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com is supposed to get some in soon. Not sure how long though. But it's also a good place to do business with.

Ez :)

+1 on that

Also there can be some differences in the sensitivity of the auto switch. One might kick on right away with just a little airflow needed to activate. The other might be harder to activate not staying on for the same length of time or starting at the same time.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
If you do some research on batteries, you will realize that size matters. You cannot make a battery the size of a small pebble provide the power of a battery the size of a finger.
I don't think that's the issue the OP is having. I'm was having the same problem. 2 identical batteries, one works well and one does not. Both have been charged and discharged exactly in the same manner. They are the microphone switch type and I pretty much gave up on one thinking it got clogged with juice. The LED still game on but it was to much trouble to do it and it would not heat the atty up enough to vape. I soaked it in rubbing alcohol and it's totally dead now.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
You soaked the battery in rubbing alcohol? :p
Yes I did. Well not actually soaked it. I stood it up in a medicine bottle with rubbing alcohol about 1/4 the way up the battery. Just enough to soak the switch. The battery was pretty much useless anyway so I didn't care if it came out totally dead but thought there might be a chance the switch would get unclogged. I've had good results cleaning attys with rubbing alcohol.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
That's hilarious. I thought you actually meant that you soaked that atty in alcohol, but that the context of your post got mixed up.

I probably would have done the same thing... I have this thing with irrational behaviour when things don't go my way. (Not that I'm high-maintenance or anything... none of my exes would ever say that about me. ;-) )

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
... I have this thing with irrational behaviour when things don't go my way. (Not that I'm high-maintenance or anything... none of my exes would ever say that about me. ;-) )

Nooooooo.

You don't look like the impulsive, irrational type at all!!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread