401 compatible with DSE-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I recently picked up a DSE107 which I purchased on a whim to check out another "nondisposable disposable"

To my pleasant suprise a couple days later I received a m401 in another mailing and found that the 107 and 401 atomizers and batteries directly fit. I even can perfectly charge my manual m401 battery with the charger that came with the 107 kit.

As far as Cart compatibility, they fit each other but the 107 has a higher bridge than the 401 so I am not sure if the inner cart will work for it. As I dip and drip this is not a concern.

There is a major difference in the heat that they vape at it seems. The 107 puts out vapor like a 510 but at the cost of some flavor and it easily dries up at which point it quickly tastes burnt... but the vapor production when well wetted is quite impressive.

Overall for around 17 bucks getting a full cig and charger was well worth it especially with the compatibility. The DSE-107 can be found at ValueVapor.com

Last edited:

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
So the danger you run in charging a normal battery in a disposable charger depends on the charger. The problem with chargers like from the Q-510 is that they do not have a cutoff built in, instead its handled on the battery end. Most other chargers such as the Joye 510 handle stopping the charge when it's time. The result of plugging a normal Joye battery into one of the mentioned types of chargers, is that there is nothing to tell when the battery is charged... so you will overcharge it unless you unplug it. If you overcharge a lithium battery..... they explode! (done it myself with this exact scenario) They shoot flames out the LED side.

Luckily the charger with the 107 has its own indicator light and voltage cutoff so in this circumstances its fine.

Good point in general though, and if ever in doubt don't do it, Lithium batteries are dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread