410 adapter & atty on 510. Taste opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I saw a youtube video of a man demonstrating the East Mall Indulgence, and he goes through the various atomizers, and notes that he likes the 401 atty the best when it comes to flavor. Also, on East Mall's site, the description of their 401 attys for sale mentions something like 'considered by many as the best mini e-cig atomizer' (not verbatim, sorry).

On those lines I was thinking of getting a 410 adapter and a few 410 attys and carts to use on my 510. I'd like to see if it tastes better, and since the 410 attys tend to not get as hot, I thought that would be good, too. However I've read a lot on this forum how many users don't like the 410 because it doesn't get hot enough for throat hit and stuff.

But for taste, has anyone tried a 410 atty on their 510 battery? I'm looking for some opinions, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
saw this on another post, 401 attie to 510 battery was done originaly to give 401 users a manual switch no real difference in hit factor. The 401 is far superior to the 510 on the flavour stakes, I dont think any one would argue that point.

when it comes to hit this is where you will get some debate. Yip the 510 rocks, however, the 510 on an attie that is not just right vrs a 401 on a freash attie with a setup that is just right mmmm close call.

for hit
IMHO. a well setup 401 vrs a well setup 510 the 510 wins
a 401 pass through v 510 pass through the 401 wins
a 401 vrs a 510 cartomizer mmmmm will have to try more cartos

is it worth getting a 401 attie... yeah, even if its just to taste your juice (for the first time if you have only ever used a 510)

Oh yeah, 401 atties can, not always, but can take a few days to break in.

m401 user

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
yes, 401 IS the best for flavour, it also gives great TH when dripping/dipping.
I realised that different juices hits differently on each device. For great TH with 401, go for tobacco flavours like Camel, Tobacco, Virginia
Camel, for example, hits harder with 401 than with 501/eGo, with 510 flavor is gone.
On other side, TAB has killer TH with eGo.
RY4 has hardly any TH with 401 even at 24mg, but you get full flavour.
You will love 401, you see.:vapor:

Last edited:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
:offtopic:
The burnt taste you're getting with your 510 atty is most likely the fiber 'wick' that's inside, underneath the bridge. If you look inside, you'll see it. It's most likely colored and syrupy-looking from the liquids that are saturated in it.

If you're using cartridges with filler, you need to leave the wick in, or your atty could run dry and die out on you.

If you drip your liquids, you should remove the wick, and that alone will totally get rid of the burnt taste. But make sure to mark that atomizer so you don't use it with cartridges.

ontopic, my 401 attys and adapter are on their way from Heaven-Gifts.com, I am counting the days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread