42 Years of smoking gone up in vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Hey all! Glad to find a great community like ECF. I smoked for 42 years, and happily almost 5 months ago that all changed. I heard of this vape pen called the Juul and got one. Two days in with the Juul, I quit smoking after 42 years and haven't looked back. I used the Juul for about a month and thought there must be a lot better and more fun vape systems out there than this. So, I started doing some research and watching reviews on YouTube, and now I have 5 vapes with a 6th one coming tomorrow. I have the smok Novo, Justfog Minifit, Renova Zero, Aspire nautilus AIO, and the Aspire Zelos 50W TC, with the Aspire Tigon 2600 mAh coming tomorrow. I think I'm set for awhile with maybe a tad bit of shinyitis. Great to be here. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about this great hobby that got me off the smelly death sticks. I'm getting my breath back, my taste back, and my sense of smell. I feel great!

Reduced Vape Collection.jpg

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Thank you NGAHaze. It does indeed feel really good to be free of that nasty 42 years of slavery to cigarettes. Thing is, I have tried patches, gum, and pills....and none of them worked. 2 days into vaping and almost 5 months later, I don't miss them at all. Don't even think about them, but I love and enjoy the heck outta vaping. We have almost 20 vape shops and a great vaping community here in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area. One of the vape reviewers(RiP Trippers) that I watch on YouTube lives here :toast:

Congrats Rob and welcome!

Feels good to finally be free of cigarettes doesn't it. :toast:

Last edited:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
That's a tough question. I like the Minifit for its stealth, and it blows an amazing vape cloud for such a small thing, so that's always in my pocket. I just got the Zero today, and it by far has the best flavor out of all my pod kits. It's also got 3 wattage settings, has auto temperature control, and a neat and easy press to fill system. I like the Novo because it also has good flavor, and it just feels slick in your hand. Then there is the Aspire Nautilus which is kinda a hybrid because although technically it's a pod system, it takes the Nautilus coils and has an adjustable airflow. It also has nice flavor and a good draw to it. It's a hard decision to pick one as my favorite because they all have features that I really like about them. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be the Zero because of the great flavor it gives. I mean, I didn't expect that much flavor from a pod system.

Yep, that sounds a lot like my story .. tied them all but none of them took ... until I tried vaping.

Curious as to which of your pod systems do you like best?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Warmest congratulations, and isn't it marvellous when that happens - especially when you were convinced you'd never be able to stop smoking?

Your experience is similar to mine, only I smoked for almost 50 years until I tried vaping and found it worked whereas patches, pills and smoking cessation courses just led to constant cravings and failure.

I'm three and a quarter years smoke free now thanks to vaping. The "Magic Bullet" that really did it for me was a Nautilus Mini and a 30w iStick and this combo still is in my armoury.

Again congratulations, welcome to The Forum ... and keep on keeping on!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey all! Glad to find a great community like ECF. I smoked for 42 years, and happily almost 5 months ago that all changed. I heard of this vape pen called the Juul and got one. Two days in with the Juul, I quit smoking after 42 years and haven't looked back. I used the Juul for about a month and thought there must be a lot better and more fun vape systems out there than this. So, I started doing some research and watching reviews on YouTube, and now I have 5 vapes with a 6th one coming tomorrow. I have the Smok Novo, Justfog Minifit, Renova Zero, Aspire Nautilus AIO, and the Aspire Zelos 50W TC, with the Aspire Tigon 2600 mAh coming tomorrow. I think I'm set for awhile with maybe a tad bit of shinyitis. Great to be here. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about this great hobby that got me off the smelly death sticks. I'm getting my breath back, my taste back, and my sense of smell. I feel great!

View attachment 797077

Right On Rob.

Just shows its Never Too Late. And that even a 42 Years, one can Quit Smoking if they find the Right Tool to do so.

:thumb:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
No problem. Just out of curiosity, what ones are you considering?

I've been looking at practically all of them but I think I've narrowed it down some. I want a Minifit because it's so small and easy to carry around for starters. Great for stealth use.

I'm also interested in the PAL Artery 2 which is a boxy pod but offers easily replaceable coils, something that I hope becomes more commonplace. For that same reason, I've also been looking at the Smok Nord but I'm reluctant to buy any device by them given the past problems they have had and their poor customer service reputation.

The one I've been looking at probably the most is the LostVape Orion but they are pricey and I'm not sure I want to spend that much on something that I'm looking at as simply a beater, carry around mod. The new model is less expensive but of course that comes with a trade-off, no DNA board.

Aesthetically, the Zero doesn't ring any bells for me but I see it mentioned quite a bit as a favorite among other pod users so I am giving it serious consideration as well.

Probably more than you wanted to know but you did ask, lol

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Hey NGAHaze. I think you'll enjoy both the convenience and stealth of the Minifit. It also has nice flavor, and the refillable pods last me a week and a half to two weeks. I like that it's push button activated. It is also regulated constant current, so it doesn't get weaker as the battery depletes. Speaking of, it also has a 3 light battery indicator on the push button. Really not anything I don't like about it. I got it for it's size and stealth, and it fits the bill perfectly.

If you are interested in a Pod system that you can replace the coils, I highly recommend the Aspire Nautilus over the Smok Nord. The Aspire has airflow control, which the Nord doesn't. It is also push button with a nice battery level indicator, and has great taste, probably due to the easy to find Nautilus coils it uses. You can use either the included salt nic 1.8ohm coil, or for base you can use the coil that's included for that. It is also constant current with a 1000mAh battery that lasts forever. It is small enough to EDC(every day carry) and only costs about $25.00 depending on where you get it. You can also buy an extra pod so you can either switch between salt nic or base, or just to have an extra one if you run out of e-juice while out and about. Oh yeah, it also has a nice clip on cover to protect the mouth piece from dust and lint when it's in your pocket or backpack.

I'm attaching a couple photos of them in my hand so you can get an idea of their size. Anyway, Hope you have a great weekend. See ya around the forum:thumb:

Reduced Minifit.jpg

Reduce Aspire Nuatilus AIO.jpg

Last edited:

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Welcome, Rob. Congratulations on your accomplishment! My story is similar to yours, and vaping does work long term. I just passed 5 years without a cigarette, and recently there was a member with 10 years.

Sounds like you have found a system that works, but it's still fun to play around with new stuff. Vape Mail day is always good. There's lots of people here to help out if you get stuck or can't figure something out...just ask.

Glad to have you aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread