48 and life to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Hello all I am new here a smoker for 30+ years. I have had 2 heart attacks and numerous health issues related to smoking. I have tried everything from gum to pills, patches and even e cigs to no end. I guess some of the problem was ME, I enjoyed smoking enough to not give things an honest chance. My problem with Ecigs like Blu and others was there wasn't enough vapor to fill my lungs. I am a mouth to lung inhaler even taking the longest draw wouldn't make me happy. I was told last year if I don't stop smoking I wont last another year, even that didn't discourage me from smoking. I am closing in on that yearly mark in May as last may I had two stents put into my arteries and was told I'm 80% blocked on 3 major ones that will require open heart surgery. I take my meds and now eat rite but I was still smoking----Till 3 weeks ago As I'm no longer smoking cigs anymore. 3 weeks under my belt and I no longer want to smoke I am now using my vaping device and weening myself off nicotine. I bought a simple little kit for $30 that had a refillable cartridge, battery and charger bought e juice in my Cig flavor and just like that never smoked another real cig again. I was smoking 2.5 packs a day 3 if my wife didn't regulate me. So What prompted me to finally say enough is enough this is my life, I want it back---My beautiful Grandson my first grandchild and new hunting / fishing partner. I started at 24mg nic and I'm down to 12mg in 3 weeks. I wish I had found this sooner in my life. I still have a long road ahead of me but it sure is nice to be on flat ground for a change. As a Marine corp. vet I was taught to improvise, adapt, overcome and that's worked in most of my life except with smoking, who knew a cuddly little bundle of joy could break an old Marines will.

I am preaching the word for my family and friends to at least try these devices, beside the health benefits it's nice to have the extra change in my pocket from not having to buy smokes. That money is put to better use on baby Noah's college fund.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Thank You both for me yes 3 weeks is a Major hurdle I had often said If I could quit for a week I could lick the habit I do have strong will but getting through a week was Impossible given my stressful Job. I'm so happy And I feel so damn good, my taste buds are zinging and sense of smell is coming back. I can now see why non smoking folks don't want smokers around them its horrible to smell.
Love that avatar Creepylady

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Miata GT Congrats on 5 months
jd1978 You have to try and get your dad on track my kids begged me for years my wife quit 10 years ago on Chantix and has been at me ever since. Left to our own devices we find our demise we need a push now and then to do the rite thing. I assure you he will greatly thank you for your efforts. Good luck my friend.

Nice post! The only real reason I vape is because my dad has had 5 heart attacks. He still smokes. I have been afraid of the genetic risk, so I've been on the vaporizer for nearly a year. Congrats on knowing when to draw the line.

This is exactly why I wanted to stop. My mom had 5 the most recent was in Oct. She still smokes and has blockages stents and a pacemaker. I saw myself going down that path so I had to put a stop to it. My mom isnt even 50 yet. Scares the crap out of me. So I started vaping and so far so good.

jd1978

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
us
This is exactly why I wanted to stop. My mom had 5 the most recent was in Oct. She still smokes and has blockages stents and a pacemaker. I saw myself going down that path so I had to put a stop to it. My mom isnt even 50 yet. Scares the crap out of me. So I started vaping and so far so good.

I do believe that genetics are a big factor for some of us. Although I was formerly a very heavy smoker, I don't have any health issues that I know of. I figured better safe than sorry. Dad started having heart attacks at age 39. I'm 36 now. I guess as I've got closer to his age, it started weighing heavily on my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

jd1978

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
us
Miata GT Congrats on 5 months
jd1978 You have to try and get your dad on track my kids begged me for years my wife quit 10 years ago on Chantix and has been at me ever since. Left to our own devices we find our demise we need a push now and then to do the rite thing. I assure you he will greatly thank you for your efforts. Good luck my friend.

I try. We live in different states, so I can't really lean on him as much as I'd like to.

I do believe that genetics are a big factor for some of us. Although I was formerly a very heavy smoker, I don't have any health issues that I know of. I figured better safe than sorry. Dad started having heart attacks at age 39. I'm 36 now. I guess as I've got closer to his age, it started weighing heavily on my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

My mom was 30. I'll be 30 next year. Yea I totally know what you mean. Im getting closer to her age and its getting a little more near home so Im done. (Hopefully for the rest of my life.)

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Thank you all for the kind words. I bought a starter kit like I had for a friend who is having employment issues ATM. I fully plan on converting everyone I know even if I have to buy the starter kit myself. I ended up buying the SVD and VTR using the I-clear 30B and 30S I wanted to give myself every chance to get what I needed from this stuff and both Mods suit me rite down to the ground. nice warm vape lots of vapor and good flavor just like smoking except better for me. The starter kit was great it had 3 voltage settings and worked flawlessly it was just so tiny in my big hands and for a heavy smoker there is need for several batteries so you can have one on charge while one is in use. My starter kit went to good use I bought a new clearbeauty for it and donated it to a coworker who never thought it would work he has cut down from 2 packs a day to only 3 a day after using it for a week.

When I find something I feel passionate about I love to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread