The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

5 Coupons for free Vuze eciggs? What's going on?!

Discussion in 'FDA Regulations' started by tehdarkaura, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tehdarkaura

tehdarkaura Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    Maybe I'm being paranoid -- but why in the world have I received 5 coupons each for free vuze ecigg starter kits and refills packs?

Is this some kind of manipulation on BT's part by saying their devices are mainstream enough that they should become the norm?!

Why else would I have received coupons for 5 free starter kits and 5 free refill packs in less than two weeks?! Its like they are trying to falsely increase their market share -- I dont trust this at all!

:ohmy::confused::ohmy:

2. KattMamma

KattMamma Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    More importantly...

I'm sure these aren't going out to everyone, so where did they get your contact info from?

I majored in paranoia in college LOL

3. tehdarkaura

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    The contact info I can understand -- I used to get coupons from Camel for 0.75 off a pack or what ever -- but those you had to request monthly so I haven't seen them in a couple years.

4. TaketheRedPill

TaketheRedPill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Fine print is everything. It may be free until the trial is over.

5. tehdarkaura

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    well they only come in 18mg so the coupons are useless to me -- I vape 3-6mg -- just struck me as odd that they were willing to give so many away without any action on my part -- worried that they need their "sales numbers" to be high to justify something that is in the works is all...

6. KattMamma

Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    Huh. You got me curious so I checked out Vuse's website. I shouldn't have done this so early in the day - now I'm gonna be pissed off all day LOL

You're probably right that they're trying to boost their sales numbers - my best guess is to counter the vaping community claims that people don't like and don't use closed cartridge systems (for very long anyway)

The stuff that pissed me off was they kept referring to it as a tobacco product, even stating that the Family Smoking Prevention Act covers ecigs. It doesn't - that's a lie. I hate RJR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tehdarkaura

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    Oh wow!! its not 18mg its 48!!! lol thats the same strength as the base mix liquid I buy -- maybe they are trying to take out the current vapers :p

8. KattMamma

Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    2 thoughts on the nic content --

maybe so high to try to keep the addiction going?

or more likely -- it's that high because the delivery system sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

^^ This, in bold ^^

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    This is interesting. I've never received a coupon for Vuse, but I have honestly lost track of how many coupons for free starter kits, and cartridge packs I have gotten for Markten. These are all coming of course with no imput on my end. They all just go in the trash. But I'm amazed at how they keep coming! I swear, if I wanted to vape crap I could have a free lifetime supply!

• Like Like x 1
  11. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    what she said!

12. Paramaniac413

Paramaniac413 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2014
    South Central PA
    I get coupons for vuse and mark 10. I use them to catch drips when I'm refilling tanks or bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. spacekitty

spacekitty Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    SoCal, USA
    People are actually selling them on eBay... :facepalm: LMAO!!!

14. Luisa

Luisa Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2010
    harlingen,texas
    Immediately send copies of their website to all the States AGs" and certainly all the news media and complain about RJR. Send copies to your Senators. Maybe we could stir up a hornets nest against RJR.

15. Painter_

Painter_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2013
    In my happy place
    The problem with this ^^^^ is that the perception that "Public Health" is painting is that RJR and the other BT is the vaping industry.

My suggestion is to cash in the coupons to put the hit on RJR's general ledger and donate the device and refills to a homeless shelter then you can take it off your income taxes. :D

16. Bill Godshall

Bill Godshall Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I strongly suspect that Reynolds is primarily sending free coupons for Vuse to mailing lists of Marlboro smokers (owned by Altria), while Altria is primarily sending free coupons for Mark Ten to smokers of Newport, Camel and other cigarettes owned by Reynolds.

However, Reynolds and/or Altria may also be sending limited coupons for their cigalike e-cigs to their own cigarette customers.

Recent sales data indicate that sales of Vuse have significantly increased in the past six month, while sales of Mark Ten have fallen
    (although the sales data on Vuse and Mark Ten also includes e-cigs purchased/given away via coupons).

• Like Like x 1
  17. spacekitty

spacekitty Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    SoCal, USA
    I'm sure that I'm on Marlboro's mailing list, since I am a member on their website, and I haven't gotten any coupons... yet!!

I mainly joined for their 'freebies' and Contests, but now I have 2 Zippo lighters that I don't know what to do with... :facepalm: :D LOL!!

18. Bill Godshall

Bill Godshall Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I'd be shocked if Altria sold any of its mailing lists of Marlboro smokers to Reynolds, and I'd be shocked if Reynolds sold any of its customer mailing lists to Altria.

There are many other sources for mailing lists of brand specific cigarette smokers, as various consumer research companies gather that data (usually by giving lots of coupons to consumers who complete their surveys, which are often found stuffed in Sunday newspapers along with hundreds of coupons for household products).

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.