5 easy steps to make a atty good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamz

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Wembley, London, England
hi i have done this 4 or 5 times and everytime it has renewed an old clogged up atty that i thought was dead. there are 5 easy steps.

1. If you have a manual battery then press the button then wait and wait about 20 seconds. If you are on automatic then just keep puffing away for about 30 secs trying to got give it any breaks. (this will taste terrible by the way, but this is normal)

2. Blow through your atty at both ends. Start with a smooth soft blow then make it harder and harder until nothing comes out anymore. (yes i am fully aware of what that sounds like, but its the only way i could describe it LOL)

3. Drop your atty in the kettle with water and boil it. Then repeat step 2.

4. Put the Atty in some normal 100% proof vodka over night.

5. Repeat step 2 and 3.

then your atty should be real nice and clean when you look in it. Just put a few drops of juice in it and give it a try. If you don't get any vapor strait away this is more than normal. Just keep puffing away and adding a drop every 10 or so drags.

your atty should be real nice after this, nice light draw, loads a vapor and flavor.

This will not damage your atty if done correctly. although do this at your own risk. i personally have had 100% success rate with this but i accept NO responsibility on anything going wrong if this is done by you.

Good luck and happy vaping. :)

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Good info, heres my two cents.

Point #1, You can fry your atty with this method if you have blown the atomizer out first. Have direct experience with this. Make sure the atty is wet before you apply voltage for this long.

Point #3, This can melt the seal between the outer casing and the center post. While Ive only experienced this once out of the 4 times Ive boiled, it can happen. Killed a two day old atty this way.

Ive found agitating in a solvent works best. The agitating effect of boiling is probably more effective than the water temp. So if you have a way of agitating the atomizer, in a jewlery cleaner for example, that works well. Simply adding alchohol while plugging the end of the atomizer then capping the other end and shaking will almost always result in black residue chunks on your fingers (a good thing).

Load your atty with plenty of juice after cleaning, if you drip, drip 3 times as much. If you are a cart user, load up a full cart and wait at least 15 minutes for the bridge and wick to absorb plenty of juice.

Its a fine line between killing your atty and cleaning it, which is why you'll find so many methods on this forum. The methods that dont involve heat or straight h20 seem to have the least failure rate, imo.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I advise against boiling, or even soaking an atty in anything.

I blow out my atomizers avery couple of days when the draw seems to get a little harder. That usually clears them up. When it doesn't work, I squirt a little Vodka or Everclear inside with a syringe, plug it with my finger and thumb, give it a .... shaking, then blow out the alcohol from both sides and let it dry a bit. Then just put a couple of drops of juice on the atty bridge and go back to vaping.

My original 6 attys for my 510 have been working well using this method, and I've used them at 6v as well as 3.7v.

TheB0lt

Sep 15, 2009
New Hampshire
Quickest and best method IMHO:

Have extra on hand and toss the suckers. At $9 each (DSE-901 from Vapor Kings) they are definately throw-aways!

Please note that this method may not get you in the black if you're trying to justify the cost difference to analogs, but ...

HEE HEE

P.S. I suppose blowin' out the atty from both ends is easy enough to try. The rest would annoy me pretty quickly, though.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
1) NEVER subject any atty to extremely hot liquid like boiling water. You will weaken the bridge connection and possibly cause it to come apart.

2) NEVER soak any atty overnight. Only soak for a brief amount of time (an hour or so) if blowing out does not work

Just blow them out and things should be fine. A quick dry burn (like 2-3 seconds repeated 2 or 3 times) also works to eliminate primer. Do NOT dry burn for 30 seconds.

tony206

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
i blow mine out, rinse in hot tap water,soak in lime juice for a few hours, then rinse again in hot water, blowthem out, let them sit for a few.
Cleaning an atty isnt cuz we are cheap. sometimes they get clogged from various juice additives, or they get a crap burnt taste from the carbon deposits burning. heated metal creates deposits, no matter how much you keep the atty wet...

BB

Stranger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
I have been using a 510 for a little more than a month. Up until yesterday I did nothing to my attys other than occasionally blow them out by mouth then let them set upside down over night with a paper towel stuck in them.

Yesterday I tried my passthough with menthol juice. It tasted horrible. I tried that atty with a battery, still tasted bad. I blew it out let it drain over night and tried it today, still tasted awful.

At this point I figured I had got my moneys worth out of it and might as well try cleaning it. I blew it out best I could, poured some vodka through it both ways. I filled it with vodka and pluged both ends with my fingers and shook. I then put it in a shot glass of vodka, put some plastic wrap over the top of the glass and held the glass over one of the massager motors in the cushion I have in my recliner. I let it vibrate for about half an hour. More shaking more blowing. I used a syringe this time to pump vodka in both sides of the atty. I then dried the atty with a hair drier.

I connected the atty to the passthough, dropped a few drops of menthol juice and did a few mouth inhales like you would do with a new atty. Vapor was great, taste was bad. But after a few rounds of drip, toke repeat , It works and tastes as good as it ever has!

I do not present this as the be all in all 510 cleaning method. It is just an account of what I did , that happened to work for me.

I hope this maybe helps some one. This board has been a huge help to me, with out it I would have paid way too much for an inferior vaporizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread