5 flavors from Nature's Finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
I was chosen to review some Nature's Finest natural flavorings. I thought I would post it here as well.

First off I would like to thank Kimmer, Ren, and OSDIY for the opportunity to test these flavorings. I had never tried Natures Flavors before, so I was very curious to see how they stacked up against the competition. I have been DIYing for about 7 months and have used flavorings from TPA, FA, Flavor West, Capellas, and LorAnn.

All flavors were drip tested on three PV's. EGo w/ a 1.5ohm 510 LR atty, SparkPlug (3.7v) w/ a 1.7ohm 901 LR atty, and 6v with a 3ohm atty. All flavors mixed at 15% with a 12mg 50/50 base. Mixes steeped for 2-3 days. Attys cleared with PG between flavors. TH and vapor with all flavors was good.

Here we go.

Blueberry Cheesecake - Definite blueberry scent after mixing. Can't detect any cheesecake. Steeped for 3 days. The BB flavor hits you right off the bat. It is more of a BB candy flavor. Still not tasting cheesecake. Maybe a slight hint in the background. Not that impressed. I don't see myself ordering this flavoring. I would most likely go the route of making this flavor by using TPA Blueberry Extra and TPA Cheesecake. Rating - 2/5

Strawberry Shortcake - Initial impression after mixing is a strawberry that falls closer to a candy flavor than a real strawberry flavor. Not getting a shortcake scent. After steeping 3 days, the flavor tastes like it smelled after mixing. The strawberry flavor stands out, but I don't taste much on the shortcake side. Could use more shortcake for sure. Added a few drops of Natures Flavors Cake Batter. That did the trick. Nice flavor with both the strawberry and cake flavors coming through. Might purchase this, but would probably use TPA Strawberry or FA Strawberry and add Nature's Flavors cake batter to achieve a better result. Rating 2.5/5

White Chocolate - The first thing I noticed was a kind of rummy alcohol smell with no distinct white choco scent. Thought maybe that would change once it steeped for a few days. It did not. Still no white choco flavor. Just a rummy/slight cream flavor. This flavor is not a bad flavor, it just does not taste like white chocolate. This flavor kind of reminded me of Flavor West's Maple Rum tobacco flavor. TPA White Chocolate is a much better representation of a WC flavor. Not a stand alone vape IMO. Probably would not purchase this flavor. Rating - 1/5

Cake Batter - Smells really good immediately after mixing. I decided to vape this one without any initial steeping. Very nice flavor. I let it steep for 2 days and the flavor got even better. It really does remind me of a buttery batter taste with a very slight hint of gingerbread. It would make a great base for additional flavors, but I could vape this as a stand alone flavor. There is not really any flavoring maker that offers a cake batter flavor except for one vendor that I will respectfully not mention here, that sells a "batter cake" flavor. The Natures Flavors Cake Batter flavor is just as good. I would purchase this flavor for my DIY arsenal. Rating - 4/5

Macadamia Nut - Steeped 2 days. Was not expecting a whole lot from this flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice light nutty flavor with a hint of sweetness. Nice aftertaste with a spice (nutmeg?) hint. Could be vaped as a stand alone, but I feel this flavor would benefit by adding other flavors to it. I have used Macadamia Nut flavoring from Flavor West, and this one from Nature's Flavors comes reasonably close. This is a flavor that I would purchase. Rating - 3/5

All in all I feel the Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Cheesecake fall short of my taste expectations, while the White Chocolate misses the mark altogether. I understand that these flavors are organic/natural, but the fruit flavors seem to taste a little artificial, sort of like some of the LorAnn flavors. I know taste is subjective. YMMV. I would recommend Nature's Flavors to people who are looking for natural flavorings. For those who are not concerned with using only natural flavors, TPA flavorings are a better way to go.

Hope my review has helped answer some of the questions ECF DIYers might have about Nature's Flavors concentrates.

Thanks again to OSDIY for allowing me to test these flavors. It really says alot when a supplier takes the time and effort to make sure they bring in flavors that their customers would like. Kudos.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I believe flavoring companies are all gonna have there top choices just like the juice vendors we all buy from have there top juices, no one vendor has the best of everything. There are some ways to mix juice then there are ways to mix juice, knowledge is precious & priceless with mixing ! Personally I love there Banana Nut Bread but if I didn't mix it how I did then it wouldn't be loved !

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
please change "Nature's Finest" to "Nature's Flavors" (NF) so people using Search can find your post

(if that's the company name)

i've been searching for days for their fruit flavor reviews - thanks for posting this review here

I had the name "Finest" on my mind for some reason. I can't edit my post though.

IF A MOD SEES THIS, COULD YOU PLEASE EDIT THREAD TITLE FROM "FINEST" TO "FLAVORS".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread