50% chance of death by menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Heya, I'm about to place an order for some juices & I was thinking about 50% chance death by menthol either paradise Vapes or ultramix (if ones better then the other). I really want a really strong menthol (at least as strong as a Benson & hedges menthol 100). The thing is the other day I got a menthol juice the retailer said was their strongest menthol & it ended up being so weak that it just made me sad:( I swear it was barely discernable from their apple flavor.So before I get this menthol, I wanted some feedback on how strong it actually is... After all manufacturers seem willing to exaggerate with their names... I mean its not like I actually have a 50% chance of dying from it...So what do you guys think? Should I just get something else, will I just be disappointed again? Or is it really going to knock my socks off?Adam

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Just to be clear I'm looking for a menthol with the sort of kick that's as if...

A beautiful woman walking by me on the street, suddenly turned around, punched me in the mouth, stomped on my lungs screaming bloody murder & then threw me in the Atlantic ocean in January before stealing my wallet & walking away saying have a nice day. (no I'm not crazy or a masochist but if the manufacturers can spin a story, so can I;) )

Adam

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Ummm warhawk, I don't entirely understand...

Am I being warned because my last post with its attempt at humor was unacceptable?

Or am I being wanted about the juice you are recommending?

Or am I being warned by some kind of vape/juice god (I assume that to be you)?

If I was out of line, I'm sorry. I can remove (or the mods can remove) it if that's desired.

If its a juice warning, then I'll take my chances... I've always been a risk taker living on the edge...

If some god just has a warning for me, tell them to tell me to my face but even then I likely won't listen or care. If the pentecostals couldn't scare me into believing in god as a kid, I seriously doubt anyone could do it now.

Adam

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Ummm warhawk, I don't entirely understand...

Am I being warned because my last post with its attempt at humor was unacceptable?

Or am I being wanted about the juice you are recommending?

Or am I being warned by some kind of vape/juice god (I assume that to be you)?

If I was out of line, I'm sorry. I can remove (or the mods can remove) it if that's desired.

If its a juice warning, then I'll take my chances... I've always been a risk taker living on the edge...

If some god just has a warning for me, tell them to tell me to my face but even then I likely won't listen or care. If the pentecostals couldn't scare me into believing in god as a kid, I seriously doubt anyone could do it now.

Adam

He just means it's a very strong menthol juice. Also give Thug Juice from mtbakervapor some consideration. It's a fruity vape with a serious menthol kick to it. I'm also a huge menthol guy and can't vape anything without menthol in it. Thug was my ADV for quite a while.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
You have been warned about the Wolf. I'm a menthol freak, and I love it! Recently on a 30% off sale they had I picked up 6 50ml bottles of it. It is the strongest pre-mixed menthol I've found yet. (but I'm always open to suggestions for stronger).
I've recently started DIY, and have some supersaturated menthol that I'm using that raises the bar a bit, but not by much. (took a bottle full of menthol and added Pg to dissolve it in... it make a great arthritis rub also).

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I'm about to order a 10ml bottle of "50% chance of death by menthol" to try out that I'll pick up this weekend. Won't be able to report back until Sat. evening if you can wait that long. Strawberry Explosion
is pretty decent, so I'm hoping for the best.

Find it odd that a 30ml bottle of Paradise Vapes is $13.95 and 10ml is $6.95. 10ml's should be priced around $5'ish, but I don't work for or call the shots at canvape.

I also hear ya on being disappointed. Heard good things about Vapen Juice Kewl/Kool, but the bottle I bought tastes like burnt peanuts and the menthol is barely detectable. :(

Last edited:

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
You have been warned about the Wolf. I'm a menthol freak, and I love it! Recently on a 30% off sale they had I picked up 6 50ml bottles of it. It is the strongest pre-mixed menthol I've found yet. (but I'm always open to suggestions for stronger).
I've recently started DIY, and have some supersaturated menthol that I'm using that raises the bar a bit, but not by much. (took a bottle full of menthol and added Pg to dissolve it in... it make a great arthritis rub also).

Have you tried Halo's Sub-Zero? I've been using it to add a menthol accent to other tobacco juices. I can't vape Sub-Zero straight.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Hmmm, that's weird, I wonder if they had trouble with their menthol source? I to had heard good things so I was surprised to not like it. I even went ahead & bought it thinking maybe it just needed to be steeped &/or aged.

As for what type of juice, I've got some samples coming but I can only choice certain ones... That's why I asked this question. If it wasn't worth it then I'ld just skip it & get something else. Then next time get some Halo Sub Zero.

Oh well I'll know soon enough if it was a good choice...

Adam

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Oops Knosis,

Sorry about that, that's certainly a risk when manufacturers use such foolish names...

I don't think there is actually a 50% chance of dying using their (or anyone's) menthol... if there was you could only hope they wouldn't sell, it no matter how good it was or how serious/intense menthol lovers are about their menthol... of course if a menthol lover has to go, dying by extreme menthol is probably not too bad a way to bite the dust;)

Adam.

aureate

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
FL
I had the same issue as you and ended up going the DIY route. If the menthol flavors you have aren't hitting you hard enough, you can always try to salvage by going hotter. It just makes menthols pop. When I do straight menthol liquid, I usually make a coil around 1-1.3 ohms. Never fails to blow me out of the freaking water, and if I smoke a cigarette before vaping it, my throat feels like it has freezer burn. I'm a masochist at heart.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I had the same issue as you and ended up going the DIY route. If the menthol flavors you have aren't hitting you hard enough, you can always try to salvage by going hotter. It just makes menthols pop. When I do straight menthol liquid, I usually make a coil around 1-1.3 ohms. Never fails to blow me out of the freaking water, and if I smoke a cigarette before vaping it, my throat feels like it has freezer burn. I'm a masochist at heart.

You can pep it up yourself with Menthol Crystals and or Koolada...

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
I've tried to review it 3 or 4 times & each time I've lost it just as I was wrapping up... Sorry

I'll try again later but for now I'm sick & tired of menthol...

But for the time being I'll just say this... If you like a really strong menthol its not likely to make you happy... If you like a mild to kinda moderate then you might like it... It absolutely makes a difference what voltage/wattage you use, higher ones give it a much better kick.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread