510-510 adapter for hh.357

Status
Not open for further replies.

martydmb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
wisconsin
So I have a provari mini and ordered a hh.357 atomizer long barrel.. I have about 30 juices coming in for the wife and I. Now I have dripped for my first time with a atty few days ago. No leaks, no harsh burning taste. Couldn't say taste was better than my tank (mini nova) since I used a different juice. But I'm sure after the break in on the .357 I'm hoping for flavor. Going to strictly drip at home and tank at work or anywhere I go outside of home. Now I heard I should get a 510-510 adapter? I have a drip shield coming. Now I see there is open and closed adapters? What's the need of this adapter? Do I have to have one? I didn't use one on my joytech 2.5 atty. Maybe had a faint drop on batt connection but I wipe with a q tip.. best place to look. Heard or may I say read that a lot of them have threading problems. Sweet-vapes is 6 min away and have some I think.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
If you have a drip shield coming in then the adapter will help elevate the atomizer. To allow the drip shield to fit onto your atomizer.

The only advantage of having an open adapter is, if you were going to use it on something like a bottom feeder. If not, then a closed adapter will help decrease the chances of leaking along with the drip shield you have bought.

No, you don't necessarily need to use an adapter at all. Haven't heard of much members complaining about threading problems but, if you do run into the issue. Then an adapter will definitely help.

DizGrizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Near Austin, TX
The adapter is pretty much required for a 510 atty to make proper use of a drip shield. The way the DS works is that it creates a well around your atty and captures the juice the atty leaks. The bottom seal of the DS must, therefore, be below the atty's theads...thus the need for the adapter. The adapter must be sealed or it will allow the leaked juice to just run down to your PV and defeat the point behind the DS. Note that using a sealed adapter will quite likely make the draw a bit harder so, expect that.

EDIT: If you use the atty on an eGo, the adapter is not required because you can run the DS down over the eGo connector...but that means you will have juice in your eGo connector since there is no sealed adapter to stop it. Does not apply to your Provari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread