510 atty~ fake??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
so Ive recived 510 kits from 2 different suppliers the first thing i noticed was the attys a different one has a widder bridge, I dont know if its more mesh or just widder all together, or maybe the mesh shinks up a little from heavy, and i mean heavy use? or did joye change there atty design and the narrow one is older? it would seem a wider bridge with more surface area would wick better. other wise they both seem to be identical. anyone know???

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Those that know 510 attys do not think of non-Joyes as "fakes". There are simply different makes of 510 attys. The DSE510 atty is about 3.1 ohms. Not great for a 3.1V PV, like a regular 510 batt, but very good on higher voltage. They tend to last longer than Joyes, and I find them to be smoother and less prone to the burny dry atty taste. They are excellent on a 5V PT, whereas 5V is often too much for Joyes, which are around 2.4 ohms.

Low resistance attys (LR) can be anywhere from 1.4 to 1.8 ohms. They are not recommended for regular or even mega 510 batts, since the current draw is very high and will kill the batts ability to recharge fully. A mod that uses a larger capacity 3.7V batt however is fine for that (also kills the batts in the long run, but they are about $3). So yes, you will get a bigger TH from an LR atty on a regular 510 batt, but you will drain the batt much faster, and probably damage it as well.

Look into a box mod. About $25, uses a standard 14500 battery (900 mAh...a regular 510 batt is 160 mAh, where mAh is capacity in milliAmp-hours). These are my main vape.

Box Mod

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
so Ive recived 510 kits from 2 different suppliers the first thing i noticed was the attys a different one has a widder bridge, I dont know if its more mesh or just widder all together, or maybe the mesh shinks up a little from heavy, and i mean heavy use? or did joye change there atty design and the narrow one is older? it would seem a wider bridge with more surface area would wick better. other wise they both seem to be identical. anyone know???

The legit Joye 510 atties I have received have narrow bridges and a ceramic cup at the bottom. The fake-o cheap ones have a wider bridge, weird looking cup, and leak all over the place. At least the ones I've been nailed with.

I learned a few lessons regarding atties:

1. Some vendors sell fakes and don't know it.

2. Some vendors sell fakes and don't care.

3. Some vendors will specifically state they are genuine Joye and *back it up*.

Go with number 3. Don't mess around.

Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.

That is one of my two sources for Genuine Joye 510 Atties. I haven't gotten a shipment from the second company I use yet... so I won't name them since it's in the mail.

Apparently... there are *good* third party makers of 510 compatible atties. I haven't tied those yet. So I have no opinion.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
I noticed that I have different looking 510 attys much like the OP.

From one supplier the atty bridge is narrower and from the other supplier the atty bridge is wider. The ceramic cup is a little wider in the atty with the wider atty bridge as well.

In the "Don't Buy a Fake!" link it shows an atty with a wider bridge with a stainless steel ring. My atty that has a wider bridge does not have a stainless steel ring. Both my narrower and wider bridge attys have a ring that is made of the same material as the bridge.

I also noticed from the same supplier with the narrower bridges some of the attys have "0510" etched into the threaded batt side but most do not. The ones with the wider bridge and most of the ones with the narrower bridge do not have "0510" etched.

The supplier with the narrower bridges has been confirmed to be "legit" by Joye while the other is a Janty supplier, so it is odd that the attys would look different.

Has Joye changed their attys over time? Are there genuine Joye 510 attys that have wider and narrower bridges? And did Joye used to etch "0510" on the threaded end of their attys?

Both suppliers "seem" to be legit based on Joye and Janty, so hopefully Joyetech has simply made small changes to the 510 attys over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread