Not open for further replies.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
well, the drag tightened up only alittle bit , but it's not gettin hot anymore,
i got in a hybrid atty 2.0 in the mail from.............. , its not the newly releast one, but i compared the two , and i was wondering if their was a trick to this new one, it didnt match-up to the atty that i re-built, lots more flavor and vape.
i got three more 510 atty's soaking in pure grain alc. going to try and mod them too. maybe try different aproach..

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
this is the top

Attachments

• upclose atty.jpg
    upclose atty.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 75

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
now i'm working on another,
putting a tube like, from base of inside of atty up to cup of atty coil cup, with some holes in at the base to allow juice to get sucked up to atty while taking the draw
also as to not have too much air flow, going the plugg the hole at the battery connect end
just utilize the holes at the threads for air in ,through tube up to atty coil cup ,creats a sucktion to pull up juice from inside of atty.
hopefully this works

Last edited:

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
i had a few 510 atty's that where not performin ,
so i soaked them in high grain alcohol for a few hours
then screwed them on to a dead riva battery
put a drill bit (back end) into the atty opening , barely touch the atty bridge,
put some pressure back and forth till atty shell broke loose
carefullly took apart, removed inner shell, threw it out,
glued seal at atty base , plugged possitive end connector with round tooth-pick
replaced mesh at the base of atty cup
rolled up wire mesh ,put in hole at atty base seal, long enough to reach back of atty cup. (helps to constrict too much air flow to atty)
put a piece of atty mesh at back of atty cup
rolled up atty wire area with atty mesh
then with about 10mm width of ss 400 rolled up atty cup and wire base area to fit the inside of atty sleeve , that presses onto connector end.

with that done
my low performence nearly thown out atty's
are back to LIFE,
perfomin good

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i kinda made one and destroied another one of my almost 2 year old attys. the plastic sealing was all melted...
just for the fact that i got rid of the melted plastic is already an improvement to these old attys. I think that it'd be much easier to work with a new atty...
i stuck some mesh on my hybrid lateral airflow/feeding holes like I told you b4, Santo! I think it improved the vapor production a lot. almost like the hh.357 (Im exagerating)! :p

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
thats good MisterD, did you do anything else to the inside?
i took apart a 306 and and modded it to go into a 510 sleeve, but when i was done ,it wouldnt fire, found out that i broke off one of the wires inside, so got to take it apart again to solder it.
Do you know if anyone has taken the .357 atty apart yet, to checkout the insides ?

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
i have been useing the mesh from dead attys, for wraping the atty mod,
when i drip a few drops on top , it takes a bit to flow to bottom chamber, from around atty cup ,
but when it gets to bottom chamber and i draw, it pulls the liquid up through the underside of atty cup to coil,
what liquid that doesnt get vaped ,flows too slow back down to bottom chamber from around the cup.
after a few pulls it seems like there is a pumping action goin on, and WOW! what a hit.
It does good for a while then i have to drip some more drops and wait for it to get to the bottom, i can deal with that for now, because the vape is awsome.

i think i have to find some different ss stuff, its called "ss gauze", more fluffy'er and more pores , easier for fluid to flow threw it.
like i said when this thing is going good ,its COOKIN.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
ok . found some gauze,ss, put it in atty, drains liguid to bottom chamber nicely,fired it up, pulls juice up through back of atty coil base,over coils, but the coils dont vape of juice fast enough, its a 2.0 ohm , i see why the 1.5ohm is preferred,
possibly if i put this 2.0 atty on a variable mod, i could raise up the voltage enough till i get desired vape, or just make one out of a 3.0 atty then put it on my 5 volt box mod, i think its like using a 1.5 on a 3.7 mod..
got to try these ideas. stay tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread