510 atty with serial number? What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Got a 510 atty from a buddy of mine earlier, has "0810" stamped onto the surface of the battery post (metal surface between center hole and rubber washer). It also appears to have two small divots in the edge of the center hole as well, on opposite sides.

I'd take a picture but I don't have anything besides a cell phone and it's not going to visible.

I found one post through extensive searching that said the original Joye 510 atty's had serial numbers like this. It does not have a metal ring around the bridge.

Is this really a Joye 510 atty? Why have I never received one like this over the past year or so of using the 510?

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
Most of my "SLB" DSE-901 batterys & attys have SLB & #'s (both) etched into them indicating they are "true" SLB products, but as I look, none of my 510 products have anything on them, now im wondering if they are "real" or aftermarket brands since when I ordered them they were advertised as "True Joye510 products.." (and you know you pay more money for name brand)

I wonder if Joye stamps their product so you know your getting the real deal OR is it a lucrative market with SLB the only one that does the stamping?

Id like to hear what others have to say on this too!! Good Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread