The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

510 cart on a mod?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Vape Products' started by Miles Himan, Oct 4, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    I have a "pen" style vape (Connected brand) with a 510 cart. I need a 510 USB charger (no worries... ordering from amazon) But while I wait, can I use this cart on a regular mod? How many watts?

2. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes, yes you can.
    Start at 4 if you can, go up as needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Only 4 watts? Glad I asked. I have used these before (at my son's house) but know very little about the devices (have used cannabis for many years but not much lately... looking forward to trying this) From what I do know, these carts have ceramic coils. Very small batteries but I was guessing more like 10 watts. I am such a lightweight now (and it's legal here in CA) I'm going to check the resistance (ohms) first and post that if it will help.

4. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    1.4 ohms... mod goes down to 5 watts. Going to vape (regular nicotine) and then give it a try. I will do very short easy draws (really all I can handle anyway)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Put the cart on the mod, realized it didn't have any airflow (I have other mods with the airflow slots but not this one) Unscrewed it a bit (still reading correct resistance) tried 5 watts. Getting airflow now but even went to 7 watts and seemed weak. Done for now (at least I got a "head change" from that) Please understand, I'm old school (have used cannabis for years) but more recently can't afford it because I need my nic vape more. Now I'm such a lightweight (but that's good... it will last longer!) I don't know the strain in this cart (but it is legit) I'm just going to wait for the proper charger and use the regular battery.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
  7. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    NY
  8. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    It does seem perfect (even has a "pre-heat" feature and three voltage settings) I'm only experienced with regular (e-juice with nic) mods so there is a learning curve with these. Less than $20 so I'm going to try it. I'm going to vape some right now (It's crazy... smoked thai stick and hash back in the day... two draws off of this and I'm good... this cart will last me for a couple weeks) I will say it's very high grade.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Yeah the carts are strong. I just took a toke off one myself actually. That mod looks similar to mine. I think mine might be smaller though. I forget the name of what I've got, picked it up at a dispensary a couple years ago. It was also less than $20

10. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    So that mod (and others) have three voltage settings... can you tell me app how many volts that is (I'm very experienced with electronics.. just need a basic idea of what we are talking about) 3v...4v? Or better yet... how many watts (the coil in the cart reads 1.46 ohms)

11. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    @Sloth Tonight , just noticed your signature :thumb:
    Mine came from the fact I lived in the mountains for 10 years... almost exactly 1 mile elevation.
    My nickname was mile high... became "miles high man" ;)

• Love Love x 1
  12. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    @Miles Himan fellow Tool fan I presume? :)

Here's a link to the user manual: https://www.yocan.com/yocan-uni-box-mod-manual-download.html

I don't see the where the voltage is specified so it may not be listed anywhere, unfortunately. Same as mine - I just double checked and it doesn't list the voltage settings, only which is high, med and low.

That one is a lot nicer than mine, from the looks of it!

13. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Tool the band? My son is a big fan. Anyway, that mod is on sale because they have a new "pro" model... can't go wrong for under $20. I would have made a different user name, but that's my g-mail name so just went with that. I already looked... no specific voltages just L,M and H. I was going to order a charger but decided I want the mod anyway (I also have CBD e-liquid but it clogged up my regular e-liquid coils) Can you recommend a refillable tank for that (assuming I get the mod)?

14. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Sorry, no experience with tanks at all (even for nic liquid). All I really use in a dynavap and flower, and that little mod for the occasional cart.

15. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    I found a very helpful video. It seems that voltage can be from 2-4 volts (3.4, 3.7 and 4 being common choices for low, med and high) I'm going to do the math and equate those to watts (with my 1.46 ohm cart):

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    So it seems like (with 1.46 ohms) it's low 7.92, med 9.37 and high 10.96 watts.
    No idea about what "pre-heat" voltage is set to. I'm going to give this another try.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    I haven't tried the cart on my mod yet... tried the original stick battery it came with again (not that I know how it works) The battery was not low... red just means it was set to low. Used the pre-heat feature too... it works much better. The oil is so thick it really needs that pre-heat. I'm such a lightweight now, I could only do two draws. When I go to buy another cart, I'm getting one that is not so strong (and more sativa ratio) I tried one like that at my son's and really liked it. I'd also like to get an empty cart because I have some CBD e-liquid.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Mine threw me off too with the red light being low. I figured red would be high!

19. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    I guess mine just has two settings: red/low and blue/high. So how do you know when the battery needs a charge? Blinks or just stops working?

20. Miles Himan

Miles Himan Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    BTW, a friend said 5 watts is too much... now I'm confused.