Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I refilled my carto using the condom method. This is the first time I've refilled one. It crackled a bit and I was getting a bit of fluid in my mouth. Just after taking a "medium" hit, it crackled rather loudly and spit a drop of fluid at me from the mouth end.:confused:

Please advise.

Thanks!

If it would have spit at me, I would have given it the finger!

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
Sounds like the carto is overfilled. Try pulling it off of the condom more slowly, or pulling it out just halfway and sitting it up for a minute to drip dry after you've filled it. Or, if you're lazy and don't mind wasting fluid, just blow it out onto a tissue avter you fill it. After a couple of times, you should stop seeing a little drop trying to escape the mouth end when you blow through the battery end. This means it's ready to rock. If it still crackles excessively, it's time to toss the carto.

This is just my experience, ymmv.

hth

KeepNitReel

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Petersburg,Va
S
I refilled my carto using the condom method. This is the first time I've refilled one. It crackled a bit and I was getting a bit of fluid in my mouth. Just after taking a "medium" hit, it crackled rather loudly and spit a drop of fluid at me from the mouth end.:confused:

Please advise.

Thanks!

WoW, wide open for so many jokes :D

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Did you spit back?

This has happened to me more then once. Especially with certain juices. If you don't do the spin, then after filling a 510 cartomizer, let it sit a few hours. If you overfill, have some fluid in the the tube, or air bubbles it will become either a hard sucker or a spitter. If it gets to sit a couple hours it won't do this. Also, if it's a fresh fill up, try not to overfill, and if any sign of spitting occurs try a quick blow down through the mouth piece with the carto off and over a kleenex.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
If you don't do the spin, then after filling a 510 cartomizer, let it sit a few hours. If you overfill, have some fluid in the the tube, or air bubbles it will become either a hard sucker or a spitter. If it gets to sit a couple hours it won't do this. Also, if it's a fresh fill up, try not to overfill, and if any sign of spitting occurs try a quick blow down through the mouth piece with the carto off and over a kleenex.

Yes...what JollyRogers said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread